Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torches

Torches

Idea:
    Firemaking 10

medium wooden handle
    twine
    fur

portable in left hand, doesn't block tool in right.

Consumable is more hair.

Unless fat is in degutting, heh

Re: Torches

I dunno about the fur dude.
    I'd say just some grass.

Everyone needs grass.

Also, it should check for two-handed items. Holding a shovel or fishing rod in one hand while walking is fine, but once you need to do the action you'll need both hands.
    The torch should be staked into the ground while the action is taking place. An idea:

Add a bit of time to the action progress bar and animate the character thrusting the torch into the ground to do the action. A bit of time on the two-hand action is a fair trade; having to snuff, then relight the flame is realistic and also dumb.

On the less realistic side, ignore everything above and have the character produce light from his pores.

Re:Torches

its a good idea , but so far it dosnt get tht dark and the bear are not sceard of fire so,,urr..maybe'not

If not bears, other smaller creatures should be. I've never seen it in action, but camping taught me that campfire = good against most things.

Bears are the a-holes that get used to humans and trash campsites and kill people for coolers of food.
    Maybe have it that creatures in zones with humans get curious and get lured in, but get repelled by loudness (actions happening in the area) and light (campfires).

Yes please!

Torches are vital they add so much to the atmosphere of a game world. However night really needs to be made dark again first.

I would stay torches are an essential part of creating a good atmosphere in a game world. Look at how good Mortal Online was when it was dark, shame about the rest of the game but the one thing they really got right was the night time.

Saorlan wrote:
    Yes please!

Torches are vital they add so much to the atmosphere of a game world. However night really needs to be made dark again first.

I would stay torches are an essential part of creating a good atmosphere in a game world. Look at how good Mortal Online was when it was dark, shame about the rest of the game but the one thing they really got right was the night time.
    Agreed , when torches are in game , and i m sure Jooky didnt missed such a thing like lightsources , night should be about as much dark as the one in RL , where you wont see a thing past cople meters in the woods having no settlements or other people with lightsources around

If the people whine about the darkness , let it be that way this is not WoW when the youngsters whine about something and then the devs make it easier and thus ruin the game , or at least i can hope so

If the people whine about the darkness , let it be that way this is not WoW when the youngsters whine about something and then the devs make it easier and thus ruin the game , or at least i can hope so
    Even better idea... lets torch the younsters :woohoo:

I like the idea of torches.

With how cool this MMOG is going to be, How about not only having the torches as a light source, But maybe as a week weapon :dry: . Are something like a tool hmy: , There must be a few things that we can use torches for as we relearn all that we forgot.

you can render animal fat to oil ,for all types of thing like lamps..ect

but touches yes a good and fast burning souce of light,keeps animals away as well,unless its a large hungy animal,a blocking type shield in left hand to keep those type animals bk,,as a block type move..
    gut from animals can be made into water type sacks..you could put a small icon to show how full or empty it is...remeber fast burning so you may keep,'or not., animal bk for a time ,,youll need to fight or run,,so keep tht in mind