Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountain man

Mountain man

Hi, Now that i have been playing a bit i wanted to know about a couple things. I am not sure if this is where this should be, But if not i am sure it will get moved Anyhow, this game is amazing so far and i want to know am i going to be forced to join a tribe to own a house/log cabin and live off the land as a mountain man?
    I know that may sound silly but to me it just seems like an amazing aspect of the game to be able to stake a plot of land, And then build a cabin and live there.
    Then being able to travel to the neighboring village/tribes to trade for goods etc.
    Please please tell me this will be allowed And no i do not mean a terraformed house i mean an actual house built.
    So many role play aspects that could come from this. Not to mention the all out fun of trying to make it on your own.

Re: Mountain man

There is a thread regarding 'solo'-players. IIRC, the game is focused more on group play and that structures can only be built by tribes on their tribal land.

Re:Mountain man

You invading my lands?

I believe Cbowsin has it correct, there are many aspects of the game that will require tribe access. From hints of information it seems that not being within a tribe can be a huge burden to hold.

References:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/28-featu...oloplayer-type
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/6-genera...n/504-soloable

There has been talk however for a non permanent structure system so if someone wants to build a tent or a lean-too high in the mountains and make a camp I do believe that is going to be allowed. It would not be a large settlement at all but a few people putting some tents together or a "mountain man" wondering, trapping, trading, crafting or whatever mountain men do is something that the devs have considered.

I think people are misunderstanding what i meant. All i am talking about is the ability to live in the woods somewhere and be able to build JUST a home for me to live in. Not start a tribe of one man or build a settlement. Just a man on his own with his own house to store items in and decorate etc. Maybe Xyson would stop by this post and let me know if this is something possible to do?

Thor wrote:
    I think people are misunderstanding what i meant. All i am talking about is the ability to live in the woods somewhere and be able to build JUST a home for me to live in. Not start a tribe of one man or build a settlement. Just a man on his own with his own house to store items in and decorate etc. Maybe Xyson would stop by this post and let me know if this is something possible to do?
    We know what you are talking about and we are telling you what we know, currently what you are asking will not be available in prelude. If you read the links that Kiwi posted then you would know:

Xsyon wrote:
    I'm taking this into consideration. Right now the world is based around tribes.

In the future I can see where we can evolve the game to allow for this: individuals having alliances with tribes, paying for protection or simply finding a very remote spot to comfortably live as a hermit.

I can imagine a solo player building a camp and making a deal with the evil tribes so that they leave him alone in exchange for goods and services.

Or maybe a player with high level skills will be valuable enough for everyone that others will let him be.

These are the kind of questions I like to read to help us decide how the game will evolve in the future.

We'll see!

If you want to make a square out of a stack of logs and call it home, then go for it. But if you want to terraform, build structures and other things, expect it to be limited to tribal land only .... at least at the start.

i do not care if it's possible but if i see a loner, i will ravage all you got and kill you and hang your skull near my tribe totem

You tried that a while back and i sent you to the underworld :P

you must not make lucid dreams