Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:New client (6/30) crashing

Crash 1: 1st attempt to terraform
    Crash 2: just walking
    Crash 3: ALT+TAB to another application
    Crash 4: starting a fire

All within 20 minutes of playing

Ok, I'm going to patch out a new updated exe in about 15 minutes to see if these crashes are due to the new terrain renderer or something else.

Done. If you log off and log back in you'll get the new exe.

Please let me know if these crashes continue.

I can now use the new guy at zep that would crash the game almost instantly

Other toons not chashing either

Ok, thanks. At least that narrows things down.

I'll leave the current exe up until we can test things further with the team tonight.

I don't crash, but experience extreme lag as never before...I wasn't able to perform any activity (fishing, gathering) then got kicked back to the login screen after 4 mins of playing. It took like 2 mins to be able to log back ( the game said I was already logged in ), and the same thing is happening again...extreme lag then kicked back to the login screen. The logfile says "Warning: Timeout Server".

I'll have to wait a while for the other programmers to be around so we can check on the lag situation.

The crashes seem related to the terrain renderer changes that were delivered this morning. Works fine for me, but these things always vary from one computer to another.

My client doesn't even make it to the log-in screen anymore.

I patch - it opens Xsyon - crashes with the typical windows error report.

Been happening since I updated yesterday, hoped the new launcher would fix it, it didn't.

Xsyon wrote:
    I'll have to wait a while for the other programmers to be around so we can check on the lag situation.

The crashes seem related to the terrain renderer changes that were delivered this morning. Works fine for me, but these things always vary from one computer to another.
    Would be nice if you guys could play the game with us at the same time, in the same location. It might crash your computer also

Would be nice if you guys could play the game with us at the same time, in the same location. It might crash your computer also
    I was just doing that, and Celestial who is online often testing is one of the developers.

I do plan to get some of the other guys on the main sever tonight.

I reproduced the crashes using some of the characters that experienced this problem (I can copy any character to my account) and they are the same issues one of the programmers is still working on.

I have turned all the graphics down shadows off etc and have stopped crashing just after i log in...i will start putting them back on see when it crashes