Xsyon to detect DirectX components (low priority)

I can't tell if the DirectX requirements changes with each installer released, but I would assume it wouldn't change much from it's normal install with the game.

Is it possible at a later date stage to allow Xsyon to detect installed components, as the DirectX installer seems to take far too long to assess the components itself.

Re:Xsyon to detect DirectX components (low priority)

as the DirectX installer seems to take far too long to assess the components itself.
    Hmmm.. That seems strange. How long does it take? It's the official DirectX installer that connects to Microsoft for the required files.

We haven't been updating DirectX components anyways (and don't plan to for a while). The latest DirectX 'upgrade' has some know issues and problems, so we're sticking to an older version for a while.

Well kiwi, for me it's pretty okay.
    It checks for some seconds (2-5) and then tells: No update necessary, and then the installer goes on.
    Something different at your system I guess.

It also only takes 3-5 seconds for me. Maybe something particular to your system??? Post your dxdiag file and maybe someone can help.

Here too, some seconds (5 tops) and it goes on.

Xsyon Citizen

I haven't timed it, but its got to be close to a minute for me. Even starts saying (Not Responding) if I click the DirectX box.

I'm similar to Mijost, when it starts its fine it processes for a moment, then it gets that dull screen (not responding) cover over it, and then at least a good three minutes its still processing so I make a hot drink and come back to it gone and Xsyon saying it can finish.

Thou I keep forgetting to make the hot drink when I process it, then I wouldn't have to worry lol.

Just press cancel when the DX installer pops up.
    The Xsyon installer will complete nevertheless.