Thread: Running ghost

Running ghost

After dieing in the game, my body was laying on the ground and my ghost was standing. I was able to run with the ghost while the game was counting the time for reviving...and after reviving my character was at the spot where I ran to with the ghost, not at the spot where I died. I guess this is not intentional ?

Re:Running ghost

I believe this is working as intended, hopefully you did not encounter the female character death bug where you revived lying down and did not stand up.

I think the idea behind this feature is so you can move to a safer area to revive after death.

Kitsume wrote:
    I believe this is working as intended, hopefully you did not encounter the female character death bug where you revived lying down and did not stand up.

I think the idea behind this feature is so you can move to a safer area to revive after death.
    That sounds interesting...running while you are dead..
    And the female character bug seems to be fixed

Kitsume is correct. This will be a bonus for good/neutral tribes. Bad ones will re spawn back at their village

Virtus wrote:
    Kitsume is correct. This will be a bonus for good/neutral tribes. Bad ones will re spawn back at their village
    Thats really nice to know, thanks !

We've been discussing this on our forums and came to the conclussion that this could be an exploit.

EG:
    20 attacking tribe all die wihin 100M of an enemy settlement - commit suicide or something. All ghosts rez inside the base 100M away from where you died :P

some other games have a 'foe nearby rez prevention'

- newbies wont rez in agro range of a critter
    - in pvp you can not mass rez in a guarded area
    - you can not rez far back in something like a dungeon or special area that is intended to be fought trough first to maybe reach some special treasure or such
    - in a pvp mass encounter you have to leave before you rez so an area can be kept clean by killing foes, they wont mass rez a min later and turn the battle even if they lost first place
    etc...

such a:
    *you can not rez in 100 feet range of any agressive creature or player foe*
    check will imho only have advantages and should maybe be easy to implement code wise

you will not be able to re spawn inside a tribes area of control.