Can't launch the game - keep getting error message

After I type in my Username and Password, and then click on Patch, I keep getting this error message:

D3D Device Creation Failed: -2005530516

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ney

EDIT:
    I just did a Google search for "D3D Device Creation Failed" and found a lot of posts about this in regards to other games, but one thing I noticed that kept popping up in people's replies was that switching the AA can cause this error. Just prior to getting this error myself, I had gone into options and changed AA to 4x (also changed my screen resolution setting as well). I logged out, then tried to log back in and suddenly got this error. If the AA is what's causing it, how do I fix it since I can't get back in to the game options?

Re: Can't launch the game - keep getting error message

Try renaming the "Options.sav" file found in c:\\users\\public\\games\\xsyon\\save folder to force the game to start with defaults. Probably safe to delete it actually but I tend to opt for the cautious route first.

I'm just guessing here.

Re: Can't launch the game - keep getting error message

Yes, you can delete options.save to restore default options.

Please email me at support@notorious-games.com if you have further problems.

Re:Can't launch the game - keep getting error message

Cunk & Xsyon,

Thanks very much! I deleted the Options.sav and that did the trick.

I went back into Options after logging in and didn't touch the AA this time, just changed the resolution, and everything is still fine. So it must have been changing the AA that caused the error.

Please email me at support@notorious-games.com if you have further problems.
    Will do. Thanks.