Does grass regrow?

So if I have a yard so that I can do basketry within tribal lands, and I clear out my yard by collecting all the grass, will it regrow?

Re:Does grass regrow?

Interesting question. I know Haven and Hearth has a decay system where plowed land has a chance to revert back to grassland every tick unless it's paved.

I like the decay system because of its pseudo-realism aspect but also to cut down on clutter.

I'm no one special, but I think for things to grow, animals/plants, there have to be some of the same type in the area. If you strip-harvest an area surrounded by rocks, there'd be no way for grass to spread.

Unless everything breeds via spores.

GDWhite wrote:
    I'm no one special, but I think for things to grow, animals/plants, there have to be some of the same type in the area. If you strip-harvest an area surrounded by rocks, there'd be no way for grass to spread.

Unless everything breeds via spores.
    Actually its not easy to pull grass with its root, if you ever tried it...you will most likely tear off its green part only. And if the root remains in the soil the grass will regrow.

Jadzia wrote:
    the root remains in the soil, the grass will regrow.
    Works for me :]

ie no one has a clue then.

It would be a cool feature this but probably beyond most games currently.

I have seen grass re-appear on roads and terraforming structures my group has done. It is small patches here and there...but if left unattended, might eventually recover the entire surface.

Well considering over gathered sections of Refuse Pile 'regrow' I would imagine the grass would return eventually (although I don't know how it works, whether it is solely time based or semi-random).

So, short answer, yes.