Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please do NOT "ninja" bill customers after launch

Just found out that the Mortal Online game is "ninja" billing their customers, even people that preordered over 12 months ago. The customers did not know at the time they preordered over a year ago that they would be getting charged a monthly fee that they had never signed up for. StarVault had created the billing page a few months before the game launched and it had all of the customer's credit card information saved in their system when changing it.

Currently many of their customers are starting to do credit card disputes to get their money back that the company stole from them, as they had never signed a TOS at the time of the preorder purchase that told them there was going to be an auto-renewal.

I beg the Xsyon developers not to charge people a monthly fee automatically, let the customers decide if they want to renew or not. Don't "steal" the money and force them to do a charge back. I do see that the customer's subscription will start after 2 months after the game launches, if you guys end up doing that make sure that the auto-renewal is turned OFF and not on like the StarVault developers did and cheated their way to get money illegally by using credit cards people pre-ordered with a year before..

I am not trying to bash StarVault but what they did is illegal and I do not want to see the same type of deceit come from this company as this game has great potential.

Just my 2 cents as I know Xsyon is moving over to a different forum soon that has a built in billing system.

Re: Please do NOT "ninja" bill customers after launch

signed ... i want to pay with paypal too not cc

Re:Please do NOT "ninja" bill customers after launch

I'm not a fan of auto-billing either (other than my utility bills). I see no valid reason for a game to do it.

Can anyone unbiased confirm this? I would rely on the Onion News before I listened to inferno.

This did indeed happen in Mortal Online - however it's not nearly as bad as Inferno is making it seem.

They sent out an e-mail (several, in fact) stating they had a billing page opening and that you could opt out at any time.

While I agree it's not the best way to do things, it's not the end of the world. They sent ample warning about the situation.

I, for one, was able to comprehend the e-mails enough to go and choose not to be charged BEFORE the game came out.

Re:Please do NOT

Relandi wrote:

They sent out an e-mail (several, in fact) stating they had a billing page opening and that you could opt out at any time.
    Does not matter if they spammed 1000 emails about that, problem is, people never agreed to paying a monthly fee when they purchased the preorder over a year before.

My opinion hasn't even been influenced by any sort of fiasco with Mortal Online (since I never subbed for it). I just think it's unnecessary and prevents people from using gift cards. Also I don't like the idea that my credit card info is on record with yet another vendor.

Cunk wrote:
    My opinion hasn't even been influenced by any sort of fiasco with Mortal Online (since I never subbed for it). I just think it's unnecessary and prevents people from using gift cards. Also I don't like the idea that my credit card info is on record with yet another vendor.
    Actually, in our case at least (and maybe there's) We do not hold any credit card information. It all goers straight to our credit card processor.

CVV2 is illegal to store

Virtus wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    Actually, in our case at least (and maybe there's) We do not hold any credit card information. It all goers straight to our credit card processor.

CVV2 is illegal to store
    Yeah, I was going to bring up that there are all sorts of strict rules regarding retaining CC info. I should have figured NG was using a 3rd party to handle that.

Relandi wrote:
    I, for one, was able to comprehend the e-mails enough to go and choose not to be charged BEFORE the game came out.
    This seems to be the case with many issues brought up about SV. If people paid more attention to things and didn't just click buttons for the fun of it they wouldn't be in the situations they're in.