Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xsyon will have magic!

Got this from the home page:
    With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress.
    Looks like axes and knives won't be the only thing we will be using in fights. Can I get confirmation on this?

And if there is going to be magic, please make sure it doesn't turn into an unskilled AOE nukefest like Darkfall.

Visitor

Re:Xsyon will have magic!

Derek wrote:
    And if there is going to be magic, please make sure it doesn't turn into an unskilled AOE nukefest like Darkfall.
    I think thats kind of my fear with all sandboxes now. Darkfall has no skill caps and on top of that, to even be viable in any kind of way, you have to do all three (melee, archery & magic) and I really hope that Xsyon does not follow that path. Its one of my main reasons for not playing Darkfall.

Didn't much care for magic in Darkfall.

There is no magic in the Prelude. This is a planned evolution as the world expands.

Xsyon wrote:
    There is no magic in the Prelude. This is a planned evolution as the world expands.
    That quote gets me very excited, though i do have one fear. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get the content released as this is how memberships are lost.

edit: Also, i would love to be able to see a combination of magic and technology, just as long as it doesn't become something everyone is doing. What i want to see is variety and creativity.
    It might be neat to be able to customize your magic, or even be required to first invent or create the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    I would not at all be disappointed if magic never made it into the game. It is great to play something different. The game is hyper-realistic right now, and it would seem silly to incoporate fantasy elements of this nature. I could see the zombie/mutant thing if there was some sort of a nuclear holocaust, but magic? That doesn't appeal to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
    Derek wrote:

I think thats kind of my fear with all sandboxes now. Darkfall has no skill caps and on top of that, to even be viable in any kind of way, you have to do all three (melee, archery & magic) and I really hope that Xsyon does not follow that path. Its one of my main reasons for not playing Darkfall.

Didn't much care for magic in Darkfall.
    The difference between this game and darkfall is that you can't be good at everything in Xsyon with skill decay and we set our base stats MAXIMUM when we create our characters.

you can't do all 3 and be good at all 3 types in Xsyon the more you use something else the more something else will start to decay.

Can't remember where I saw it at but I believe they were saying magic would be things like healing spells. I hope once it's implemented it'll be restricted to ritual type buffs/de-buffs.
    Also, I saw some posts here mentioning guns...I am petty sure I saw a q/a thread where Jordi said he had no plans on putting guns in.

Wow this is a hell of a necro. Considering all the current stuff that's to be worked on I can't see any type of magic in the foreseeable future. From previous updates I'm pretty sure there won't be fireballs whizzing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
    Derek wrote:

I know right!? THat's my main problem with boxing irl! IT's like all these people use BOTH hands, when I just want to use my left!

i mean there's no reason I don't use my right, I guess I'm just a super serious roleplayer and right hands are for n000000000000bs.

Please balance boxing so that people who only want to use one arm can do as well as people who use both.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I know right!? THat's my main problem with boxing irl! IT's like all these people use BOTH hands, when I just want to use my left!

i mean there's no reason I don't use my right, I guess I'm just a super serious roleplayer and right hands are for n000000000000bs.

Please balance boxing so that people who only want to use one arm can do as well as people who use both.

That's a really terrible comparison. Nice job.