Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:How playable is the game

bomj1966 wrote:
    My question would be if I joined today what could I do?
    (chuckles) I think it would be test the game.
    Alpha testers are a rare breed to find.

Snake wrote:
    Saorlan wrote:
    Not a lot really, beyond terraforming most things are not really implemented properly at this stage. Combat for instance is a long way off finished. If anyone says anything else then they are not being truthful and probably on the payroll !

So apart from terraforming which is great (still needs some work on it as well though) there is not a lot to be doing yet.

I can't wait for more stuff to be added though
    I can not agree.
    If you find things to do depends very much on how active you personally are.
    This games is - other than others - not quest-driven.
    You can explore many things, try different craftings, get the world a bit known (oh well, I'm a bit scared if someday the coordinates will vanish :woohoo: ).
    But there is noone who is telling: Go there, find this, kill 20 coyotes.
    This is how most others games have been, and from this I was totally bored and therefore I moved here.
    So, be active, find a friendly and constructing tribe and you will see: There can be done things yet, different though compared with other games, but I like it.
    Sorry but your talking ass language. How can you say be active when there are about 2 other people in the world at a time.

The features are NOT enabled yet apart from functional placeholders. Combat is far from complete. The one thing that is quite advanced , terraforming is also got some weird physics enabled on it (try jumping onto a large sand pile.

I am an experienced sandbox player and do not need quests. Please do not tell new people that there is loads to do in the game and lots of people in the world when there is not. Be truthful so that people are not disappointed if they try it out.

We all know this is a work in progress so please do not oversell it.

I enjoy logging in and seeing what new features they have added once a week but beyond that you have to be one weird ass person to spend any more than a hour trying out things.

Saorlan wrote:
    I enjoy logging in and seeing what new features they have added once a week but beyond that you have to be one weird ass person to spend any more than a hour trying out things.
    We are testers, and we need to spend time on testing the game, for bugs, balance, combat etc...

i am not sure if i should preorder to get the 2 free months or if i should wait until the 15th and see some actual player reviews just in case its a fail like darkfall. If you guys that are actualy int he game can report more often now that we are closer to realese it would be awesome im rly tempted to
    pre-order.

I just bought the game a couple of days ago. I wasn't expecting much as I have followed a few real stinkers in the past.

At first launch I facepalmed, as my graphics were all screwed up and I was getting a slideshow of random geometry. With a few tweaks to my settings I had rock solid performance (left a character logged in overnight and he was still there in the morning and running smooth).

If you are into exploring terrain, trying out the crafting system, gathering resources and playing with terraforming (very promising) then I would say go for it. There have been some animals occasionally but if you are planning on a lot of combat i would wait. Construction isn't in yet although you can do a reasonable job of making yourself a home just using terraforming and creative log dropping.

Since I was planning on buying one way or the other I figured it doesn't cost any more to do it now than later and I get however much time it takes till release in addition to the two months after.

I played and liked this game. I am having fun wandering about meeting new people. The game is what you make of it. If all you want to do is fight wait till the game launches. If you want to play around and see whats what its great.

The graphics and performance have been awesome. I have read so many negative comments that were not justified on other forums. I can see so much potential in the design of the game.

Kudos to the development team. Ive gone from skeptic to fanboy in a few days.

Were glad you are enjoying the game thus far As for people giving it a bad review? Bah i never did let others decide for me what i will or will not like. If it looks appealing to me,Then i jump in and give it a go.That way i am my own judge.
    Never was much on being led around by others

Ignominus wrote:

At first launch I facepalmed, as my graphics were all screwed up and I was getting a slideshow of random geometry. With a few tweaks to my settings I had rock solid performance (left a character logged in overnight and he was still there in the morning and running smooth).
    Hello Ignominus,

Did you have to change in game settings or settings with your display or graphics card? I'd like to know so that we can advice other players who might have these same issues in the future.

Thanks!

I only adjusted settings in the game, but I did it pretty wholesale though so I am not sure what exactly I did that made the difference. I turned everything down all the way and I am slowly turning things back up. From what I do remember the game seemed to run much better when I went full screen but like I said I might have changed a number of other things at the same time that could have done the trick.

I did notice that there isn't really a dedicated tech support section in the forum which I think would be very helpful for people just starting out. Once I get back up to the setting that tweaked my graphics I will post to let people know what it was.