Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:How playable is the game

My question would be if I joined today what could I do?

Not a lot really, beyond terraforming most things are not really implemented properly at this stage. Combat for instance is a long way off finished. If anyone says anything else then they are not being truthful and probably on the payroll !

So apart from terraforming which is great (still needs some work on it as well though) there is not a lot to be doing yet.

I can't wait for more stuff to be added though

Saorlan wrote:
    Not a lot really, beyond terraforming most things are not really implemented properly at this stage. Combat for instance is a long way off finished. If anyone says anything else then they are not being truthful and probably on the payroll !

So apart from terraforming which is great (still needs some work on it as well though) there is not a lot to be doing yet.

I can not agree.
    If you find things to do depends very much on how active you personally are.
    This games is - other than others - not quest-driven.
    You can explore many things, try different craftings, get the world a bit known (oh well, I'm a bit scared if someday the coordinates will vanish :woohoo: ).
    But there is noone who is telling: Go there, find this, kill 20 coyotes.
    This is how most others games have been, and from this I was totally bored and therefore I moved here.
    So, be active, find a friendly and constructing tribe and you will see: There can be done things yet, different though compared with other games, but I like it.

Snake wrote:
    Saorlan wrote:

I can not agree.
    If you find things to do depends very much on how active you personally are.
    This games is - other than others - not quest-driven.
    You can explore many things, try different craftings, get the world a bit known (oh well, I'm a bit scared if someday the coordinates will vanish :woohoo: ).
    But there is noone who is telling: Go there, find this, kill 20 coyotes.
    This is how most others games have been, and from this I was totally bored and therefore I moved here.
    So, be active, find a friendly and constructing tribe and you will see: There can be done things yet, different though compared with other games, but I like it.
    Sorry but your talking ass language. How can you say be active when there are about 2 other people in the world at a time.

The features are NOT enabled yet apart from functional placeholders. Combat is far from complete. The one thing that is quite advanced , terraforming is also got some weird physics enabled on it (try jumping onto a large sand pile.

I am an experienced sandbox player and do not need quests. Please do not tell new people that there is loads to do in the game and lots of people in the world when there is not. Be truthful so that people are not disappointed if they try it out.

We all know this is a work in progress so please do not oversell it.

I enjoy logging in and seeing what new features they have added once a week but beyond that you have to be one weird ass person to spend any more than a hour trying out things.

Saorlan wrote:
    I enjoy logging in and seeing what new features they have added once a week but beyond that you have to be one weird ass person to spend any more than a hour trying out things.
    We are testers, and we need to spend time on testing the game, for bugs, balance, combat etc...

bomj1966 wrote:
    My question would be if I joined today what could I do?
    (chuckles) I think it would be test the game.
    Alpha testers are a rare breed to find.