Scavenging - bloody scavenging!

Scavenging, is one of the most annoying things on my list at the moment.

I spent literally 35minutes to find the four resources on a Scrap Mound. Harvested the four Scrap Cloths and had not only the Cloth resource disappear, but two other Scrap resources as well.

This seems unfair. When the other resources aren't being gathered, and it hasn't 'turned to rock', it would seem likely to leave the other resources available to be gathered.

After all to get all four scrap resources on the same part of the pile, takes a while (if at all) to find.

Re:Scavenging - bloody scavenging!

You would think a scrap mound is a big pile of scrap and not a single layer of trash.

Scrap piles should not turn to rock the moment the first layer is picked away, but should deform the pile as its picked away by players. Maybe even better items are found once the first layer or two is cleared off. The best items are always just out of sight.

Scavenging is brutal right now

Maybe it will be ok once we have lots of people doing it and saving everything. Right now it takes hours to find a few useful things. The randomness makes it worse. I never seem to find what I am looking for.

I don’t think gathering ( leather/cloth/plastic…) is too bad. I can normally find what I need but Scavenging… Not sure what to think

would be nice if we could choose a few items we were specifically looking for, and then we would find them a little easier, but find less items overall, kinda like focusing on finding 1 thing you may pick up a few other random items, but you will miss more cause you are so targeted in what you want to find.

Thats why Xsyon will have shops... If you can not find for what u looking for, then u might wanna purchase that item :P

About scavanging, I like the way it is right now :angry:

Is junk yard zoning enabled yet? I thought the idea was to only have certain items found in certain junk yards / zones, mainly to encourage trading as if everyone can find everything then trading will be pointless. Or will that come in later, so that all the basic stuff (eg what we have currently) will be everywhere and new stuff will only being in set locations?

Another possible idea might be to have the resources which are available to gather from the junk pile relate to what you have a chance of scavanging. eg if only metal and leather scraps are available to gather then you'll only find those 2 types of things by scavenging in that spot. (so no cloth/plastic gained by scavenging). The items which aren't represented by a resource (eg bones/patterns/handles etc) would still be determined by the junk yard zoning thing.

Not sure if I like the fact that you can clear the junk pile by gathering. Might be better if a junk pile will allow you to gather x cloth scraps, x metal scraps etc per day, depending on the size of the junk pile (with some piles having more of a type that others?)

Is scavanging from junk yards will be the only resource or will there be some other means of getting stuff. For example screws, nails, heavy metal sheet. etc..