Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Portable storage containers - varry the slots

pid73 wrote:
    @Snake:

Or a key without pins. Don't know if it could still be called a key.
    Hehe, yep, but I agree Pid, that may then result in a register shift left of the pins leaving one pin in my thumb hmy:

But very true, he told only about 8 bits so no 9th possible. It just confused me to see my good old known 2er numbers with 'all lamps burning'. So then Joe, just create key 0 (with no bits) and 8 bits set are 255, and all is good and I can go to sleep again ^^
    On the other side this game will hopefully be such a success that there should be 64bit keys constructed, and then all bits set is ....

:silly: okay, never mind, I'm quiet again now :blush:

Realistically container + knife = open or lock + tools = open

But also realistically I would guard my stuff much better than I can in game. Even if I was off hunting, someone would be around to look after things. I say game mechanics should make up for the discrepancy between how I would guard my stuff really and the way it works in game by making most/ some containers safe storage.

5 to 10 minutes to break in to my stuff means nothing if I am not logged in.

Snake wrote:
    pid73 wrote:
    @Snake:

Hehe, yep, but I agree Pid, that may then result in a register shift left of the pins leaving one pin in my thumb hmy:
    After an ASL you can check the carry bit with BCC or BCS.

Paradox wrote:
    .... 5 to 10 minutes to break in to my stuff means nothing if I am not logged in.
    Right now its takes 3-grass to make a storage bin, and it takes about 30 seconds maximum. In that case it should take someone about 15 min to break into the container with proper tools.

If there can be a better container made from steel, and it will take more effort than grass storage bin, then yes, it should take more time to brake into the container. Its all about balance.

Another thing, you can also add more locks to your bin, let say 4 or 5. Now it takes about an hour to get into your container.

pid73 wrote:
    Snake wrote:
    pid73 wrote:
    @Snake:

After an ASL you can check the carry bit with BCC or BCS.
    lol pid, old 64er freak eh?
    Well I would more likely use a logical shift left because I guess Joes keys are unsigned due to using all 8 bits. But anyway you're right with the carry flag