Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Container permissions

gragon9800 wrote:
    I believe that we should keep it real. If a person could destroy the basket or take the basket then this should be legal. All contents may or may not be destroyed depending if the have traps or not. I would hate to see the GOD complex imposed in this game (having the ability to keep the thieves and destroyers out of your supplies or business).

Please keep the game real - allow people to what people could normally do in real life. Thanks.
    Games are for fun. I don't think its fun to be robbed in real life. Why would we implement it into a game ? And in real there are Police who catch and punish the thief, lock him up for years...do you want it to be implemented too ?

Jadzia is kind of right,

Till there's a death punishment system, 1 character slot, and perhaps a bounty system in place, all you'll have is griefers.
    No risk *heh*, then there should be no reward.
    Once the game is more solid, then yes..I too think there should be a way to get into others baskets.

Well, a large chunk of the mechanics are still to be added, so for the time being, you can't test if the mechanics to keep things secure is working, if you have ways of breaking into it, which may be intentional or not.

This is from the feature page: Player owned protected storage.
    I'm not sure what does this mean....if there will be at least one protected storage option, or every storage a player has is protected. But this feature seems to mean that stealing from others' containers won't be implemented during Prelude (if ever).

Jadzia wrote:
    This is from the feature page: Player owned protected storage.
    I'm not sure what does this mean....if there will be at least one protected storage option, or every storage a player has is protected. But this feature seems to mean that stealing from others' containers won't be implemented during Prelude (if ever).

Storage is protected in the tribe area. You can still raid people out gathering.

just a note/ The current permission setup was thrown in so as to protect those that were constantly being raided due to the lack of protection/punishment. There is still quiet a bit more that has to be done to it and what is there now is a temp setup.

Thank you Virtus for the information.

A friendly reminder of a sandbox definition

An open world is a type of video game level design concept where a player can freely roam a virtual world.

The term is sometimes used interchangeably with "sandbox" and "free-roaming; however, the terms open world and free-roaming describe the game environment itself and allude more to the absence of artificial barriers, in contrast to the invisible walls and loading screens that are common in linear level designs. The term sandbox refers more to the mechanics of a game and how, as in a physical sandbox, the user is entertained by his ability to play creatively, boundless of artificial structural constraints, and with there being "no right way" of playing the game.

I reconsider- I likr Risk idea and perhaps in the future a punishment and locks system would be implemented. My idea was for the future of this game. I am very happy with the progress. I just wanted to express my ideas for the future of the game and Risk has good thoughts for this one.

Thx Gragon,
    but they arent all my ideas..I was just spitting out what the game has instore...It'll all make sence when tribe building goes into effect..
    Large sheetmail and Paddles..either its gunna be one kinky ride or a great one. :laugh:

Not sure if permission will be re-done on this next toon wipe, But if it does not go into the game this weekend.

I just thought to ask, As the permission deal is set right now, Can you make a toon that can make storage bins and the set them on the ground. Then delete that toon and make a new one using the same name and have permission to use the storage bins?

basically I am asking is the permission tied to the name or some character registry that wipes when we delete the character?