Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Container permissions

There appear to be a couple of problems with container permissions as currently implemented:

- You can't assign permissions to other people. Right now the only person who can use a container is the person who made it. Unless ownership changes when you trade a basket to someone (I couldn't test this as I was the only one on) then the only people who can have containers right now are people who pick basketry.

- How can we make communal storage? Will there be other container types for this or something? As of now the cooperative "bag depots" that always spring up will not work.

Honestly I'm not a fan of permission systems for things like containers. Ideally it should be based on locks and keys. And even then only for sturdy containers like chests and cabinets. Grass baskets should not be secure. Permissions should be reserved for things like village and building management.

Re:Container permissions

Hello folks. Yep containers need permission now. Question, the characters that was deleted are the only one who can open the container even thou they are no lnoger in the game/system?
    Anotherwords, when i was working on basketry for info, i made a few basketry characters and deleted them. Is it possible to just make it account permission? This way all your characters can have access.
    Otherwise there be a few bins needing to be deleted since theres no characters around for it. Guess i have to wait til the permission thing is implemented.

Just tried, trading baskets changes ownership of them.

Cunk wrote:
    .... Honestly I'm not a fan of permission systems for things like containers. Ideally it should be based on locks and keys. And even then only for sturdy containers like chests and cabinets. Grass baskets should not be secure. Permissions should be reserved for things like village and building management.
    Agreed 100 %.
    "Sandbox game"??? lets keep to this motto

The container permission system isn’t working well right now, I would hope, because we don’t have tribes and groups. If containers remained grab bags thievery would be rampant.

Maybe make it so someone has to kill you before they can have access to your container. This would make stealing you stuff a bit more realistic than seeing someone grab and log off.. or because we can’t loot bodies yet, grab and walk away.

Right ...

There is, however, no way to prevent thievery right now, so permissions are a good thing until tribal lands and locks are put it. That is, unless we can kill and loot the assholes stealing from us.

Containers that are easy to build should not be 100 % secure.

joexxxz wrote:
    Containers that are easy to build should not be 100 % secure.
    Yeah, I kind of agree. Really no container is 100% secure.

I think for now it’s a good idea. What would help balance it would be thievery skills or like I posted above, tie container permission in to combat so the winner can loot bags. Before this patch it was silly easy to take stuff that didn’t belong to you.

The same argument about 100% secure storage could be made about housing and tribe banks. At some point there needs to be game mechanics that adds stability to crafting and the economy at large. Is that point at grass containers being 100% secure, probably not but that’s all we have now.

i think things will change once thievery etc are in that is not to say that permissions will be 100% over hauled though.

While it is nice to not have to worry about people stealing stuff, this is really killing my ability to test crafting. I had built up a large stockpile of resources with my hunter/scavenger which I can no longer access with my bonecrafter. This won't be an issue when we have tribal permissions and more people online to assist with transfers, but right now it kind of stops half my testing in its tracks. if nobody else is on I can't even get containers on characters who can't make some themselves.