Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chat command suggestions to communicate better!

This is 2 suggestions that I really recommend.

If I push " / " (forward slash) on my keyboard, I would like it to open the chat window with the / sign already in there. So if I have to whisper someone, I can just type /whisper and never have to push the enter key.

So its like this...

Bad way:
    Push Enter
    Type in "/whisper name"

Good way:
    Push / and type "whisper name"

Another good idea is that if someone sends you a whisper, you can click the letter R or some other letter to instantly reply to them. Sucks that you have to type push enter, type "/ whisper name" instead of just clicking R and typing "hey"

Bad Way:
    Push enter
    Type out "/whisper name"

Good way:
    Push R and type "hey" (instant response)

Make us only have to type in /w to whisper someone and not /whisper

Bad Way:
    /whisper

Good Way:
    /w

Anyone know what I am talking about? Those commands worked great in WoW and in WAR, made it a lot easier to communicate using the chat window instead of forcing people to type out every little word like LotRO does.

Re:Chat command suggestions to communicate better!

Though I generally agree that there should be some improvements, I have to say that the benefit in entering chat with only "/" is only of interest for folks with an English keyboard. For myself the slash is "shift-7" and that would be more inconvenient than just hitting "enter". :unsure:

What I experienced a lot was that one accidentally pressed backspace forces you to enter the whole whispering or any special chat sequence again. That is what derails me much more than the need for the enter-key. Second I often tried to move around with the keys and recognized beeing still in chat-mode lol.

But, on the other side, my most lively interest is to let the team improve and implement all those stuff that brings us nearer to the release date, so please - at least my comments - just interpret as peripheral comments.

Cheers.

Another good addition would be if we were able to click on names we see in the chat box, and that would automatically write the /whisper name command to the chat line.

Jadzia wrote:
    Another good addition would be if we were able to click on names we see in the chat box, and that would automatically write the /whisper name command to the chat line.
    great idea jadzia +nods+

Jadzia wrote:
    Aye this has been done in many games and would be a much better idea.

Jadzia wrote:
    Completely agree with this also.