Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scavenging Question

I thought to put this in the new craft and skill area, But not sure if it really needs to be there.

But here is what I want to know, No matter what you pick now, You can still scaveng, You just start off with only 5 skill points. Will this be the case when the game goes live? or is it just for game testing now?

Re: Scavenging Question

hehe, it has been like this for awhile now.

It is only temp for test so that you can try out all the actions. What I usually do is in the char creator pick the skills that need items like fishing or hunting etc.

So if you don’t pick scavenging as a starting skill than you will not be able to do it ever? Same with terraforming, hunting,…?

The way I understand your reply, the answerer is no.

Virtus wrote:
    hehe, it has been like this for awhile now.

It is only temp for test so that you can try out all the actions. What I usually do is in the char creator pick the skills that need items like fishing or hunting etc.

not until someone teaches it to you or you learn it somehow.

Edit: Check the skills section of the features list.

Virtus wrote:
    not until someone teaches it to you or you learn it somehow.

Edit: Check the skills section of the features list.
    I respectfully disagree.

Quoting the section called “Basic Actions” of the features list:
    Basic actions include gathering, scavenging, digging, sneaking, hiding and chopping trees.
    If you have to pick scavenging in order to use it, it would be a skill based action and not a basic action.

however, acidraid, those are all options in he skill selection, of which you can pick 3.

At one point all those actions were not available and you could only select 3 from the skill section at char creation...I'm 85% sure it will revert back to this way.

Re:Scavenging Question

Edit. Nevermind.

Has the 'what you can find scavenging begin dependant on the area you are in' been turned on yet?

hope not, being able to only do 1 craft encourages team work, is why I'm loving the 1 char per account. that way you can do everything yourself

One character wont be able to do it all. Skills will decrease when not used.