Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Container Permissions.

I was thinking...

We already have Friend/Foe buttons, why not incorporate that into container permissions. Friends can access yours.

Re: Container Permissions.

A blanket effect such as "all friends have access" isn't wise.

I talk about the likelyhood that I will do what I can to help mentor new players. So for example I will have a area in which resources for new players are kept, but wouldn't want a new play to have 'friend access' but I would likely want them on my friend list.

There are many ways to implement a great system (either now or later - later is fine, I put up with a 'okay' system with ATITD for years). However simply a "friend list" blanket isn't a good way.

Perhaps this would be better:

Permissions:
    Tribe []
    All Friend List []
    Group 1 Friend List []
    Group 5 Friend List []
    Personal []

And if Tribe is selected it should also reference the "Tribe Ranks" system, so then it would become:
    Tribe - Elder []
    Tribe - Sub-Elder []
    Tribe - Thrid Class []
    Tribe - ...Whatever other ranks there are, etc []

And of course you have to be that rank or higher.

I say group friends into lists as I hate all in one lists of my friends. I find it really annoying no game allows sorting of the dang contacts. My ultimate dream, the ability to sort my friends like I sort resources. :P

Actually you will have friend permissions.

This is already set up. What needs to be finished is the panel where you can remove friends from your list. We tested many of these things with console commands, so the final step for a lot of them is to get the interface finished up.

Would it be possible to add permissions for select people? Such as adding player names to an "admin list" or something?

I would also like to recommend a permissions setting that would allow the other characters on your account to access your current player's storage bins. This would help a lot with transferring loot from one toon to another, and would provide a common area to keep all of your goods.

It seems like right now if I loot a leatherworking recipe on my basketry toon, I have to go through the whole process of placing it in my storage bin, setting the permission to "public" and then logging in my leatherworker toon and hoping I get to it before anyone else.

An "account" permission option would help out a lot with things like this.

There will be only one account in the future

Edit:

Kerovan, as far as i know, yes it will be one character per account, when we go live.

Leiros wrote:
    I would also like to recommend a permissions setting that would allow the other characters on your account to access your current player's storage bins.

This! Please consider changing private from "this char" to "this account".

Edit:

Joe you posted during the time I posted... Do you mean there will only be one char per account on live?

Kerovan wrote:
    Do you mean there will only be one char per account on live?
    Yep.

Re:Container Permissions.

Will add a tought to this.

Allow us a way to change default permission for harvested/crafted items.

Thus allowing everything you craft/harvest, to be set to public,tribe or friends right of the bat instead .

A system, where the player can set The default permission.

meradin wrote:
    Will add a tought to this.

Allow us a way to change default permission for harvested/crafted items.

Thus allowing everything you craft/harvest, to be set to public,tribe or friends right of the bat instead .

A system, where the player can set The default permission.

I was thinking something like this. In Options you should have a default to what you want when you harvest or whatever. It is a big pain to change everything all the time to tribe or whatever you want it set to.

i agree its annoying when mass harvesting :P