Combat tweaks needed

Video: http://www.own3d.tv/video/30316/Xzyon_combat

Combat damage is way high.
    You can kill anyone with 4-6 hits no matter what weapon.
    With fists (unarmed) it takes 1 second to kill someone with full health.

A glitch when you start moving or stop moving in middle of a attack animation it stops but the dmg is already done.

You can't notice this with fists because it's so fast but if you use an axe you will see that damage is registered when you START the attack, not when it finishes (the animation).. you can see at last scene of video.

Because of above it makes dodging and parrying completely useless.

Fists have too long reach.

FIX:
    Axe needs to do half the damage it does currently and unarmed should be doing 1/6 of the damage an axe does.

Damage should be registered when and if you complete the attack animation and if you still have your cursor on target.

Starting or stopping moving shouldn't cancel your attacks.

Re: Combat tweaks needed

Combat is something that (I believe) is set to the highest settings for all attacks and is the same attack for all types, so your fists deal the same damage as a nuke .

Damage register... sure

Yes it should... but that's my view.

Combat is in simply to test certain things at the start of letting bulk players in. It hasn't (to my knowledge) been heavily tweaked yet as with many other things. Its likely to be kept a secret till very close to release (my view).

Re: Combat tweaks needed

kiwibird wrote:
    Combat is something that (I believe) is set to the highest settings for all attacks and is the same attack for all types, so your fists deal the same damage as a nuke .
    Why? :S

Its likely to be kept a secret till very close to release (my view).
    Why?? :S

Re:Combat tweaks needed

As he said those things are his own view.

I have spoken to Jooky on the topic and here is what he has tols me in the past (my wording, not direct quotes).

1. He wants to change the system so that hits are registered at the end of the animation.

2. Damages for weapons and indeed a whole range of other factors that determine damage such as weapon bonuses, damage types etc are not yet in/finalized and will be heavily tweaked /added to as we get closer to release.

As far as moving stopping attack animation I am almost positive this is a bug but could possibly be intentional, it is in the bugs list but I will check with Jooky some time to confirm.

Im sure everyone knows this but if u run from an animal it will chase you a little ways and then stop and when it stops you can hit it 3 or 4 times before it reacts ive killed bears easily without taking a hit.

Most of the animals i've killed just tend to lie down and take it, then try to run away when theya re almost dead, very rare that they fight back.

Also you cant skin/debone something that you kill while swimming. wont let u right click on it.

I didn't think we where able to fight in water?

Yea you can. Was able to fight while swimming.