Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Player Name Tags

I think the Black Name Tags over everyones head, Needs to Be a Gold or a Silver Color! Black is just hard to see and read, and being night time is just as hard or even harder to see! B)
    Or for that Nature Look??? Could do a hunters Green.. :silly:

Re: Player Name Tags

I guess it makes sense then. It's harder to recognize people at night.

Cunk wrote:
    I guess it makes sense then. It's harder to recognize people at night.
    You are right Cunk. Black color is fine. I personally like the way it is.

Make all the Jokes you want.. :silly: Ive never ever seen a game were they use Black.. B) All i ask is try another color- and no im not asking for white...

If you want to keep the black color names? At lease make them bolder in size?

Re:Player Name Tags

Personally, I say get rid of the tag. Just make their name appear in the target window when you click on them. Having a name hover over your head is not great for when you are trying to hide behind a tree/rock/bush/etc...weather you are try to stalk your prey or hide from your predator. If you want to identify someone just click on them.

Also, if my idea sucks then yes I agree black is very hard to read however, I think I would prefer that to some neon color that I can spot from a mile away.

Well in a open pvp game having name tags eliminates the ability too sneak up on someone or simply hide from someone if you don't want to be attacked..... The way Xsyon is doing it is good in my opinion, having black name tags dont give away position but still let you see someones name when you get close to them.

Ok that sounds good, maybe its show up another color if there on your team or in same tribe or a Friend ?

Since we have no mini map? or way to tell were people are.

Get rid of name tags all together unless they are your friend or in your tribe, sneaking problem solved?

Gamefreak wrote:
    Get rid of name tags all together unless they are your friend or in your tribe, sneaking problem solved?
    That works for me..

If I remember correctly, it's been awhile so could be wrong, somewhere in the sea of threads is a post about this.

[ul]
    If I am correct you will not be able to see a persons name until you meet them (get close?).[/ul]
    [ul]All Players names will disappear when you are using the hiding skill (once at a certain level? always?)[/ul]
    [ul]Evil players names will always be displayed and in red, even if you haven't met them, except for the above condition[/ul]

I'll go searching around the forums for the post in a little bit.