Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

working the land

I can see how the planet will look like when thousands of players start working the land.

It going to be a mess in a few weeks.It to easy to dig a hole.It should take a least 4 hits to make a hole.

Make it last a bit longer.People will thank twice when doing digging and feel like they done something when they do finish a fort or whatever.

Re: working the land

Terraforming will become restricted when Tribe mechanics are turned on. Only tribes will be able to terraform land within their circle of control.

I have asked for things to be much more difficult and requiring more time/effort.

Unfortunately the carebear tribes have appropriated the game to themselves and they all want hand holding features.

REVKhA wrote:
    I have asked for things to be much more difficult and requiring more time/effort.

Unfortunately the carebear tribes have appropriated the game to themselves and they all want hand holding features.
    Yes, we all know how you feel about carebear tribes, etc. You only bring it up every chance you get.

Seriously if this game causes you so much anxiety maybe you should ignore it for a while. Maybe when you come back in 6 months it will have the level of PVP HARDCORE ACTION you're looking for.

Re:working the land

mmmmm carebear tribes sound tasty! as far as effort of crafting/gathering i think it should be proportional to the effort it takes to pvp or do anything else, hand holding only makes a game weak and boring, and the effort should be proportional to the lvl of task that they are trying to do imo if they want hand holding skills fine but the results from them should be less compared to non handholding and everyone is happy and encouraged to do the things that arnt watered down.

Diocletian wrote:
    Terraforming will become restricted when Tribe mechanics are turned on. Only tribes will be able to terraform land within their circle of control.
    that's how it is now- you can only terraform on tribal territory.

This game is not Wurm Online. If you haven't noticed, Wurm Online is cutting the timer on many actions because of all the unnecessary players that they're losing. There is no reason to waste hours of time, if you'd like to waste time, go stand in the corner. I'd like to see some actual progression when I play games.

Also, unlike Wurm Online, this game is actually user friendly. Meaning, there isn't much to learn, just discover. Most people assume this game is what it isn't. The terraforming in tribal lands is a great way to balance griefing and it's working just fine, regardless of its short timer. If anything, I'd like to see it be decreased.

trenixdecease wrote:
    This game is not Wurm Online. If you haven't noticed, Wurm Online is cutting the timer on many actions because of all the unnecessary players that they're losing. There is no reason to waste hours of time, if you'd like to waste time, go stand in the corner. I'd like to see some actual progression when I play games.

Also, unlike Wurm Online, this game is actually user friendly. Meaning, there isn't much to learn, just discover. Most people assume this game is what it isn't. The terraforming in tribal lands is a great way to balance griefing and it's working just fine, regardless of its short timer. If anything, I'd like to see it be decreased.
    I agree with on this one, but the timers are fine.

joexxxz wrote:
    trenixdecease wrote:

I agree with on this one, but the timers are fine.
    I also agree and think timers are the way to go.

I actually think wurm online system is far superior not just because of the timers either. I don't like the idea of having only a restricted area in which you can terraform and done in such a way that you can alter the land significantly with very little effort. Atleast in wurm it's hard to make a complete mess of an area, even if you dedicate the time, and when you change the land significantly you actually have a sense of achievement. Furthermore once you know how to terraform in wurm it's easy to achieve exactly what you are trying to do if you are willing to work because of the way terraforming is implemented. EG. You want the exact same degree of sloping land for a large ramp, easy.

PS If I want to play a game that allows me to change the landscape with almost no effort I might aswell go play minecraft.

Anyway at the end of the day, all I am saying is I'm not happy with terraforming the way it is.

I think t some point you should be able to teraform off tribal lands, but it would require more time and resources. And if possible changes would decay more rapidly. For example..

-Building a road between two villages
    -Bring water to your village
    -Dam or redirect water from enemy villages
    -Flood enemy fields/battle field
    -Be able to "dig in" during a siege
    -Create raised "watch posts" outside of tribal influence