Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe you guys Know

When a newbie first enter the game,they can be attack and kill before they can move.We really need a 30 min protection from this type of cowardly attack!

Re: Maybe you guys Know

I would believe that this may be a feature once prelude comes. But will move this to the suggestion area just to make sure.

30 minutes? Seems kind of silly.

I think once the game is live you will have the option to start at a tribe token which will provide you the protection you need. Of course tribes will have to exist first so I guess that could take a while.

Actually, that brings up a question I've wondered about regarding the ability to choose a tribe token to start at when you create a character. I assume (or hope rather) you won't be able to choose just any tribe from amongst all the ones that have been created. Many tribes won't want random strangers joining them and suddenly appearing in their zone. How will this work? Will only tribes that declare themselves to be "open to the public" be available as starting location selections or will there be some mechanism that allows you to join a tribe before you even enter the game for the first time?

Good question. or maybe a tribe will have a building specially allocated to accept new members. that would make more fun.

I want to build buildings like in WOW. they look really nice.

Re:Maybe you guys Know

naktos wrote:
    When a newbie first enter the game,they can be attack and kill before they can move.We really need a 30 min protection from this type of cowardly attack!
    do you mean 30 seconds?

As Cunk said, 30 min is a bit extreme I think

I had never heard of such a thing until I played Darkfall. They give a few hours of protection which is ridiculous. I could maybe understand this in the future when people are more powerful, but at year zero everyone will be on fairly equal footing. Xsyon has stated that if someone doesn't want to fight, there will be measures so they can run away or something (i.e. someone in light armor outrunning someone in heavy armor etc.).

As for the tribal starting locations, I was under the impression that they weren't going to be available until a "village" was established. But again, I could be totally wrong on this.

Darkfall gives you a 1 time 24 hour protection.

Wurm gives you invincibility until you move or click, so you can log in and stare blindly forward until you press a button.

In Age of Conan, You entered a safe place and from there You choose your path.

regards

If you mean the people who have just joined the game, I'm pretty sure they'll have some protection over the starting area.

Zarma wrote:
    Wurm gives you invincibility until you move or click, so you can log in and stare blindly forward until you press a button.
    Only in your kingdom's influence (i.e. within a certain distance of a friendly guard tower).