Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Question about Housing/Towns

I thought I'd post in this thread rather then making a new one, here's my question.

As I recall it takes a tribe of ten to create a town/terraform, if the number of tribe members dropped below ten after creating a town or working on one, what would happen? Would you still be able to create? would it disappear? or the best option I think, would you just not be able to build any more until you have ten members again?

I also have a suggestion that people should be able to have solo totems to create in a tiny area of land in the world (enough for a tent/small house or to dig a hole) limited to one per account or something, and only available to tribeless people. I realize that may create lag, but just throwing the idea out. Although I'm in a tribe I always liked the idea of living in a tiny secluded cabin by myself, and may choose to do so later on if its possible.
    :silly:

I'd kind of like to see it as it currently is...anyone can build anything anywhere....With the caveat being that the only "safe" place is in tribal areas...if you strike out on your own...you become vulnerable to the whims of others who happen upon your spot...yes...even while you're logged off. If a tribe felt your area was an eye sore, or too close to their lands...they could raze it to the ground.

With this style of building...you may even see loners, sort of grouping/building together for a saftey in numbers type of thing, but without the non-PvP saftey status. Who knows, maybe a trbe would eventually come of it....then POW!!!! ...another group likely to stay with the game even longer.

Deacon wrote:
    I'd kind of like to see it as it currently is...anyone can build anything anywhere....With the caveat being that the only "safe" place is in tribal areas...if you strike out on your own...you become vulnerable to the whims of others who happen upon your spot...yes...even while you're logged off. If a tribe felt your area was an eye sore, or too close to their lands...they could raze it to the ground.

With this style of building...you may even see loners, sort of grouping/building together for a saftey in numbers type of thing, but without the non-PvP saftey status. Who knows, maybe a trbe would eventually come of it....then POW!!!! ...another group likely to stay with the game even longer.
    It is an old post, but it seems that the idea of temporary camps and simple tents placed outside tribe areas was well received by the devs
    Temporary Camp Feature

Thanks, I must have missed that one. It's not as expansive as I'd like...but hey, cant have everything hehe