Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Loading entities

I wait until the game kicks me back to login to try again or the game crashes to desktop.

deleted a character and created a new. same results. Loading entities. Deleting the character, I wonder how that affects my containers etc.

I have been alt tabbing out for a few min between each scoop of dirt.
    If you are alt-tabbing during terraforming, this is actually causing more lag.

Terraforming and crossing into areas with a lot of changed terrain is causing lag right now. I'm waiting for the other programmers to be up and we'll work on this throughout the night.

3 hours of trying now without much luck. Even with the lag, others are able to log in. That's curious.

well I only alt tab when my actions don't register. Sometimes it is taking upwards of 5 min for a single digging action to complete. I will try not to alt tab out anymore but the way it is lagging right now that might result in a testing break for a bit.

edit.. hmmm with all the terraforming I have done today maybe I should switch out to scavenging for a bit, might help the lag situation.

Xsyon wrote:
    Terraforming and crossing into areas with a lot of changed terrain is causing lag right now. I'm waiting for the other programmers to be up and we'll work on this throughout the night.
    Oops... :blink:

I think he's talking about us, Shinra :S

Sorry about that guys.

Xsyon Citizen

I am in Incline and I am not suffering from log-in problems (tested it). I am suffering from major lag with no Terraforming in the immediate area. I have tried scavanging all day and all I have gotten was lagspikes every 4-5 minutes with each spike lasting 2-3 minutes. Movement has not been an issue just action commands. There is a junkpile that has something really good in it. I just have to be given the time to get (I am thinking George Forman grill - Raw fish is terrible.....). :P

Maybe it will be a simple fix and you won't have to work all night.

at the 3 hour mark, I decided to wipe and reinstall. Waking up in the middle of the night, I just tried. same results. No character can log in, halts at loading entities.

paelen wrote:
    at the 3 hour mark, I decided to wipe and reinstall. Waking up in the middle of the night, I just tried. same results. No character can log in, halts at loading entities.
    after a lengthy sit at loading entities this morning around 6:30am I was able to log in to find the server shutting down. Support forum notified and email sent.

Thanks.

attempted to log in at 7:30 EST. Stuck at loading entities. It appears it times out and kicks me back to the game login.