Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Whaths the use of terraforming the grund?

Terraforming should be interesting but i think they put a bit to much importance in it. maybe a bit more mind should have been payed to making certain areas of the game more playable, the big pink elephant in the room is combat. Then posibly allow smale scale constructions on free land and maybe even owned land ie. small tribe moves in on a big tribes turf.

Xsyon Citizen

Terraforming is a core engine feature. Its not one of those things you can sneak in at the last minute and hope all works out. A good portion of server performance will revolve around terraforming, so it definately needs a lot of love early on.

You can build a dirt wall to give your town some defense, you can dig a ditch to do the same. Terraforming will have an impact on combat and PvP moreso than anyone might realize since we haven't seen it in a PvP game. Wurm had it, but I suspect PvP in Xsyon will be more involved and fun. Its already worlds better imo, though it does need some improvements.

I like the terraforming, but I question why fires should burn endlessly.

All these flames are burning my eyes.

Cracky69 wrote:

I just want to know... how many of you think this is NOT a troll ?

REVKhA wrote:
    Cracky69 wrote:

Maybe he is a vampire ???

REVKhA wrote:
    Cracky69 wrote:

What's wrong with suggesting that fires should burn out eventually unless they are fueled? I'm pretty sure that will be happening eventually anyway since they do have a menu selection for adding wood.

No I agree, at first I thought you were still in elementary school when I read your double posts. Then you mentioned UO and you have to be at least 25.

The terraforming feature makes Xsyon absolutely stick out of the masses. Problem from a marketing standpoint in my opinion: many people want something to look at and not something to become creative with. And it takes some time before actually creative people have used the terraforming feature to make things to look at and go "Ah, oh!".
    There is a tiny java based MMO called Wurm which has terraforming and it was awesome to drop into the world and run around and see sometimes huge structures built but long abandoned by former players. It gives a rigorous feel of true history. Plus I'll never forget when I was with a small village how we decided to raise a path through a big lake to connect more easily to the road on the other side. Took a lot of people many days to do that. And it was useful, not just cosmetic stuff. In another MMO we had community projects to rebuilt destroyed structures like tunnels or bridges (no swimming in the game) to reach no lands where settling was allowed. We finished a bridge once 4am in the morning after weeks of working together. And it took the last helper one hour to get to the bridge site while all other people were waiting to place the last stone to finish it (popup system, you could not walk over it before it was 100%). It was a true experience of achievement.
    But yes, before a community that uses these features to built content hasn't established the game can go through a starvation phase for consumer-oriented people (no offense intended).