Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whaths the use of terraforming the grund?

To make road to houses? No offense...Just wondering. Seems like wasted programing unless making road to npc vendors. (Not that I have read what its for..much easier to ask.) :blush:

BTW..since it comes out on my birthday..I want pvp to last like i uo. none of this realistic shit..mortal online.
    All I want is a good sandbox pvp game...hehe

Re:Whaths the use of terraforming the grund?

Could someone please tell me what terrorforming is for?

All I know Is i been waiting since Ultima Online for a good game to come out. It's kinda driven me crazy. lol I payed for all the games since and have not found one close.

World of war craft clones seem to be the thing now. Its too bad but Dark fall failed. Moratal online failed. War craft failed. I pray this game don't fail! I have faith. Your my last chance, or back to watching LAME reality TV shows. hehe

I am not sure you have the right IQ to be playing PC games....

Saorlan wrote:
    How many features do they have implemented? I sure there is more important things they could be working on than terraforming. And you say I have a low IQ? no offence but...Shove it.

Only 9 posts and you are already telling them how to develop the game?

Don’t mean that as a flame, that just seems a bit presumptuous.

Idiot savant wrote:

How many features do they have implemented? I sure there is more important things they could be working on than terraforming.

Paradox wrote:
    Only 9 posts and you are already telling them how to develop the game?

Don’t mean that as a flame, that just seems a bit presumptuous.

Idiot savant wrote:
    Saorlan wrote:
    How many features do they have implemented? I sure there is more important things they could be working on than terraforming.
    I'm just tired of the games out lately that fail. I have hope in this team.

No I was referring to you're spelling and use of words giving the impression that you have a low IQ.

Anyway I was just messing around trolling

Idiot savant wrote:

How many features do they have implemented? I sure there is more important things they could be working on than terraforming. And you say I have a low IQ? no offence but...Shove it.
    Terraforming is one of the key features that drew me into this game. If you dont like it....dont use it....

No I agree, at first I thought you were still in elementary school when I read your double posts. Then you mentioned UO and you have to be at least 25.

The terraforming feature makes Xsyon absolutely stick out of the masses. Problem from a marketing standpoint in my opinion: many people want something to look at and not something to become creative with. And it takes some time before actually creative people have used the terraforming feature to make things to look at and go "Ah, oh!".
    There is a tiny java based MMO called Wurm which has terraforming and it was awesome to drop into the world and run around and see sometimes huge structures built but long abandoned by former players. It gives a rigorous feel of true history. Plus I'll never forget when I was with a small village how we decided to raise a path through a big lake to connect more easily to the road on the other side. Took a lot of people many days to do that. And it was useful, not just cosmetic stuff. In another MMO we had community projects to rebuilt destroyed structures like tunnels or bridges (no swimming in the game) to reach no lands where settling was allowed. We finished a bridge once 4am in the morning after weeks of working together. And it took the last helper one hour to get to the bridge site while all other people were waiting to place the last stone to finish it (popup system, you could not walk over it before it was 100%). It was a true experience of achievement.
    But yes, before a community that uses these features to built content hasn't established the game can go through a starvation phase for consumer-oriented people (no offense intended).