Will there be Zombies?

Just curious about what type of mobs there will be, I have been playing for several days now and just realized that I am playing an MMORPG and have not killed anything yet (pretty cool that there is that much to do this early)

But it got me curious, at some point I am going to want to go all "Book of Eli" on something and was wondering, will there be any mobs, like Zombies or something to go hunting after later on, or will it always just be animals (bears and dear) and other players ???

Thanks

Re:Will there be Zombies?

There are zombie looking toons/creatures in the official screen shots, no official word but I think we will see them at some point in the game.

Ya im guessing there will be from screen shots otherwise allot of the Bonecrafting patterns will be useless unless you are a player killer :cheer:

I really hope not were seeing even a babyzombie ingame.

Theres 10th's of mmo's today doing just that crap. Join up at funcom. They are releasing mmo for zombiefans.

Pirates of the burning sea was a very good game....until firking zombies showed up. Who have ever heard of zombies in the Caribbean in 18th century?

Sony totally destroyed a good game with zombie toys.

Savado wrote:
    Just curious about what type of mobs there will be, I have been playing for several days now and just realized that I am playing an MMORPG and have not killed anything yet (pretty cool that there is that much to do this early)

But it got me curious, at some point I am going to want to go all "Book of Eli" on something and was wondering, will there be any mobs, like Zombies or something to go hunting after later on, or will it always just be animals (bears and dear) and other players ???

Thanks

Very sorry the thought of Zombies upsets you so much Vidar (even though Zombies fit into the story line better than anything else)

So let me adjust my question for you, what kind of enemy will we have available to fight?? Because if the only thing to fight will be other players and bears and dear then I am afraid this game will indeed suffer. While I am having fun right now, it wont take long before my house is done being built, I dug up all the junk I can stand to dig up and I dont need any bear or dear bones for anything... I am going to want to fight something, And it will be in Xyson or some other mmo, so let me ask it this way:

Will there be anything other than bears and dear and PvP to fight in game at any point???

Ok, just re-read the features list and it already gives the answer to this question:

"No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?"

-And-

"Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate."

Sorry for posting a question before correctly reading the game feature list first... my bad.

From the screen shots im guessing there will be bear cubs and zombies at least. We will find out what else after release im guessing.

Since the game is based in part by ancient history agenda, I would say some form of necromancy will be in game. How this comes about, why it comes about or how any new content will be added to the game is one I am greatly looking forward to.

My worst nightmare thou is to see it being a "time for a update, you can now build nukes and antimissile seacrafts simply because it was coded and ready.