How is game combat now?

Is the combat system still a click fest or have the devs changed it in last 3 months?.

Not tested game that much due to me PC randomly shutting down but for past 3 weeks its been fine I reckon some of the applicatons I had installed were conflicting.

Will game release on 14th august in current state?

Just patching client now 3.7GB woo big

Re: How is game combat now?

Still a click fest. Still pretty unusable in it's current state IMHO.

Can't imagine that it will release on the 14th...

It's pretty nice imho , but has not been tweaked, polished, optimised, improved or balanced just yet.

Some of us have been here since march/april. This game was supposed to be released like may 15th.

There is no publisher, they said they would push it back if necessary. What's the problem ?

One word = broken

I hope they replace the combat completely as right now its not very good. Nothing against Xsyon or the devs, but it has to be replaced else it will not be enjoyable to try and fight others, specially the PVE mobs.

REVKhA wrote:
    Some of us have been here since march/april. This game was supposed to be released like may 15th.

There is no publisher, they said they would push it back if necessary. What's the problem?
    Both of those comments are completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Please read the original question. Anyone who thinks that combat is good, fun, or finished at this point should have his or her head examined. I really like the possibilities of the game, but we're not doing anyone any favors by trying to paint things as being in a good state when they are not.

Re:How is game combat now?

Combat is unchanged to date. I think they should just look to other games for inspirtion in this field. Mount & Blade (little known game for Steam) has a very good system which is quite fun.

Do you know how many times people have asked for Mount and Blade style combat in an MMO? It is not possible according to most game developers to put that in an MMO. The best we are going to get is Darkfall style which is about the best I have seen in a MMO and makes games like WOW unplayable once you try it.

At the mo Xyson combat is not even as good at Roma Victor was.

I really do hope the Devs look at Darkfalls archery system...it was a BLAST !!! I loved shooting over a little knoll and hearing the thunk of a target hit. The melee was also fun, if opponenets were balanced in skills.

Darkfalls archery system is very fun, however it's melee system is terrible. You just sprint in circles and left click spam.

Mount and blades system works because it's slow paced which works better with latency issues.

Either way it doesn't really matter at the moment, the games main focus isn't pvp and tribes and building fuctions aren't in yet, so one thing at a time.