Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny People

Re:Tiny People

no offense but I think this is crap. Each game has its own idea of how key attributes effect different skills. How are we supposed to test something we have no idea how it is supposed to work or if it is even working as intended?

In some games dex is for defense and or ranged attacks and possibly daggers. In other cases it might refer to ones abilities in terms of crafting with one's hands. A really tall character would have a reach advantage but would be perhaps easier to hit, a dev might decide to balance that out so that there is no advantage in being tall or short. Spirit could be thought to be totally involved in some sort of future casting class or for the resistances to such attacks.. or it could be more like morale or bravery.

To be clear, I am not asking for formulas. I think we should have reasonable common sense knowledge of what each statistic is good for.

Edited for people who learned to read on twitter... and also to explain that my response was intended for Kiwi's notion that the devs would have us figure it out ourselves.

gave up half way through the rant...Learn basic spacing and we'll read yer rant...
    I'm a tard at writing but even I know spacing...think they call em paragraphs...heh.

edit:

my apologies,
    I too have had a time of typing without returns...
    What specific areas are you having problems with???

Xsyon Citizen

Deacon wrote:
    Cracky69 wrote:
    Bossman wrote:
    In our experiments we found that the size of your toon also affected the size of your hit window... but since Pvp is buggy it's hard to tell if it's designed this way or not. Basically, midget size toons were harder to hit than giants.
    To be honest, this is what I fear. I'm getting a little tired of games where being a midget gives the player an advantage in PvP but no disadvantage.

Fair enough that you're harder to hit and more agile, but you should also find it harder to hit because of the reduced arm length. You shouldn't jump as high, top speed should be limited and I also think you shouldn't be allowed the same max strength.

Put a feather weight boxer against a heavy weight and see how long they last. Yeah they'll be quick but one or too punches from the big guy and they'll be down.

It feels as if in the MMO world David would always be the favourite and no one would expect Goliath to win, surely this is wrong.

I feel the same way. Now if we can just get some Dev to confirm either way.
    I agree with this too.

What I would find strange is for the Devs, who have tried so hard at making this realistic, would allow for extremely tall or short characters to take over the game. I for one do not see that happening, it just wouldn't be in keeping with what has been done so far.

As far as stats and character development go I wouldn't worry too much about it. If we get a week of play with the final build it WILL be figured out by the time the game launches. :cheer:

If ridiculously small characters are going to be getting large bonuses to speed and stamina, they should take some huge strength hits. I'm tired of games like Darkfall where dwarves and alfar (a small dark elf) are nearly impossible to hit, yet they get no penalties to compensate for this.

any word on this yet Devs?

bump for yet another try for an answer from Devs....people who actually know...not guessing or how you feel it might happen.

Yeah I would like to know too.

I'm guessing we'll not get an answer, considering they've had several chances to do so. Welcome to Munchkin land I guess.

if you want an answer that bad email the FAQ or ask it in a better part of the forum...

kids these days

Xx1327 wrote:
    if you want an answer that bad email the FAQ or ask it in a better part of the forum...

kids these days

oh.....excuse me Dad.

I'm not sure where a "better part" of the forums would be. Especially considering they supposedly read ALL of the forums. If I ask via EMAIL...then not everyone will know the answer, and me posting what is said to me in an email...if I did that sort of thing....wouldnt be the Devs officially posting on it.

EDIT: but to ease your concerned mind...I did send in a bug report pointing to this thread, as surely it's a bug that small characters have same abilities as large, with added benefits for being small, but no detriments.