Thread: Server status

Server status

Is there no way to automate a "server status" to show actual current status of the server like SWG did? It's difficult trying to figure out if its me or the server that at fault for not being able to connect or get into game.

Re:Server status

The server is always up.

If there is a problem it is being reset, which takes 5 minutes. This has happened twice this morning.

If it's down for longer than a few minutes, I will make an announcement.

Xsyon wrote:
    The server is always up.

If there is a problem it is being reset, which takes 5 minutes. This has happened twice this morning.

If it's down for longer than a few minutes, I will make an announcement.

lol, I think we talked of this before....I waited as advised to do, in that talk, but to no avail. Wasnt expecting it to drop several times, but that is kind of what i mean...was it my system..ISP..connection, or was it the server being reset a couple times, or crashed and my timing just sucked? With something to show that server is down, even if just for a few mins...then no question as to what was happening.

The problem is that an automatic script will detect the server as 'online' even if it's frozen up. It also detects the server as up while it's loading. It's only ever 'down' for about 30 seconds.

I could come on here and post that the server was down, if that helps, but honestly this all takes time away from more important things, like actually fixing the server problems.

Understood...I wont bring it up again. Thanks for answering though. I know your time is better spent elsewhere. I didnt know if it was some kind of add-on for forums or not.

EDIT: I do appreciate the fact that you are one of the most forum active devs I've ever known of...that's a compliment

Deacon wrote:
    EDIT: I do appreciate the fact that you are one of the most forum active devs I've ever known of...that's a compliment
    I agree just hope stuff gets fixed added soon :woohoo: