Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are We still Counting Down For Aug 15!

I hope we are!Only 5 days left!Do we have a early start before the 15?
    When is the big wipe out? :woohoo:

Re:Are We still Counting Down For Aug 15!

No read the updates, its been delayed they will announce a week before release.

Admin wrote not long ago

the world, upon year zero, will be bare bones, much as it is now, at least for a while at.

As for release day august is still the plan.

Xsyon Update August 9 16 Hours, 42 Minutes ago
    Hello everyone!

Although I've been updating the Citizens forums almost daily, it's been a while since my last public update.

A lot has been going on over the past two months. We've added a few programmers and revamped our team. We've finalized our move from our old servers to a better and faster location. We resolved the problems we had with the launcher, patching system and we've stabilized the game server.

We've encountered some new problems along the way, but we've been able to focus more and more on performance and rolling out the rest of the game's features.

We're getting close to a final character and world wipe, but we're not quite there yet. A few things still need to happen:

Critical bugs causing database errors need to be fixed.

Creatures and combat need to be balanced and adjusted.

Tribal features need to turned on and finished.

The final terrain needs to be patched out. This has undergone continous improvements with more mountainous terrain, more varied surfaces and more interesting features such as island in the lake.

Server lag needs to be cleared up. Our patch today seems to have resolved most of the lag, but we will continue to test this.

Our focus right now is on the most critical bugs and features that must be completed before the final wipe.

At this point, rather than set a specific date we will continue making progress and I will announce the final Year Zero wipe at least a week in advance when we are ready.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy!

Did we really need another thread asking about whether this game will be released on time?

Cunk wrote:
    Did we really need another thread asking about whether this game will be released on time?
    If you're going to wait until 6 days before release to announce a delay, and not make that announcement much more prominent, then yes, you can expect to see that question a lot.

So I guess the answers in all the other threads weren't satisfactory?

Just remember guys you only get to launch a game once. I don't care if it takes into next year as long as its done right and with minimal bugs. To many games in the recent past have launched to soon. Lets hope Xsyon is not one of them.

I'm thinking more like Christmas.

aahhh the memories this is why i ordered the game in august!