The Jump-Skid bug..

I know a ton of people are gunna hate me for telling this cheat but I had to,
    When you jump at the right time or even fall at the wrong time on terraformed areas your toon, skids up the level to the top.

It's a boon most of them time,
    but also a hampener, like when,
    Your trying to dig in a moat and it keeps bouncing you out...

Re: The Jump-Skid bug..

First, thanks for reporting this.

Second, I by no means state that this is the answer, but may be solved with the terrian changes that are being worked on at the moment, I know its designed to solve a lot of problems and maybe this "Baking" (I think was the term used) may solve it. Lets hope so cos its really annoying!

Re:The Jump-Skid bug..

Member(s) of the Hopi tribe has reported this, And even sent in Vid's. And for what ever reason it just never made it to the forums here.

Sorry for not having posted it here. But at lest the Email(s) was sent.

Nah, I saw a vid posted here a few weeks back reporting this. No idea who it was though.

edit:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/11-bugs-...mbing-glitches

also if you sprint then jump you skid over anything even a tall hill with logs on top.

Sorry a bit off topic, But what run skill can you start sprinting with, And is it shift that makes you sprint? It seems like it was shift, But it has been a few months(at lest it feels that long) back from the only time I worked on running.

aliksteel wrote:
    Sorry a bit off topic, But what run skill can you start sprinting with, And is it shift that makes you sprint? It seems like it was shift, But it has been a few months(at lest it feels that long) back from the only time I worked on running.
    hey alik, you can see what it is attached via ESC->bind keys. (well I think you knew but just forgot :P ).
    default seems to be the X on the numpad, which does not work for me.
    assigned it f.e. to right-shift and it worked fine.
    cheers.

EDIT: my running skill is 21 and I'm able to sprint. Don't know with what level it's activated.

Ya, I didn't think about that. I seem to only think about bind keys after we have a toon wipe.

Thanks

to be back on topic..heh...
    the skid is a normal thing, have delt with it for months...when a incline is to great, ie cliff its an animation that takes effect..*was mining a trash field on a mountain*...

The key is just like the graphics...

On flat gound you can walk 2.5 feet.. when someone drops a 6 meter ditch the difference is still...2.5 feet. When you include the cool graphic of skiding it overides the distance and pop you up on the other side, cuz you just fell 0 - 2.5(the space of a digging) and pop you up on the other side.. same of inclimes.