Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After 99?

Xsyon Citizen

Re:After 99?

I am thinking that it might be something along the lines of Sail and Flag design in POTBS. This was a time consuming process with tons of rules on what could and could not be used. In the end once you were able to jump all the hurdles final approval came down to the Devs. If it is a difficult route to get to 99 then I would expect an even more arduous journey in getting to make a special in game item. Lets see who gets there first (my guess retiree or unemployed).

Good Luck

WillBingham wrote:
    I am thinking that it might be something along the lines of Sail and Flag design in POTBS. This was a time consuming process with tons of rules on what could and could not be used. In the end once you were able to jump all the hurdles final approval came down to the Devs. If it is a difficult route to get to 99 then I would expect an even more arduous journey in getting to make a special in game item. Lets see who gets there first (my guess retiree or unemployed).

Good Luck
    I hated the POTBS system, I never did get my sail design approved. They would reject it with some cookie cutter response and anytime I asked for direct feedback on what was actually wrong they would send the same message

I doubt that it will be the same deal with the special items, they'll work with the devs and since the devs will be doing graphics and stat productions most likely I think it would mostly just come down to item type, function and appearence/name.

It will definetly be interesting to see what items emerge out of neccesity.

Xsyon Citizen

Shrimps wrote:
    I hated the POTBS system, I never did get my sail design approved. They would reject it with some cookie cutter response and anytime I asked for direct feedback on what was actually wrong they would send the same message

I doubt that it will be the same deal with the special items, they'll work with the devs and since the devs will be doing graphics and stat productions most likely I think it would mostly just come down to item type, function and appearence/name.

I had only 1 bad experience as far as the sail designs went. There was 1 Dev that would not tell me why my designs were rejected (that was your cookie cutter response). I would just resubmit it and 9 times out of ten would not get that guy again. Also, I would get it approved by another Dev with no changes. I had around 40 or so approved (including 3rd place in the "Day of the dead competition) before I quit playing. I am sorry you had such a bad time with them, it was a great part of the game and because of 1 bad "egg" you didn't get to enjoy the game to its fullest.

WillBingham wrote:
    Shrimps wrote:

I had only 1 bad experience as far as the sail designs went. There was 1 Dev that would not tell me why my designs were rejected (that was your cookie cutter response). I would just resubmit it and 9 times out of ten would not get that guy again. Also, I would get it approved by another Dev with no changes. I had around 40 or so approved (including 3rd place in the "Day of the dead competition) before I quit playing. I am sorry you had such a bad time with them, it was a great part of the game and because of 1 bad "egg" you didn't get to enjoy the game to its fullest.
    I still enjoyed the game very much, did a lot of pvp both big and small scale. But then SOE started changing things, they nerfed small ships so you could no longer outmanuever larger ships and win via skill. You had to just trade blows in an equal or larger ship to have a chance when I quit.

I miss the days of mediator cutter pirate squads that were able to take out Ships of the Line with 100+ cannons just by outmanuevering them and playing smart

Anyways a bit off topic but yeah I think the devs here will be much better.

On a side note, please Jooky if SOE offers you candy DO NOT GET IN THE VAN!!

Xsyon Citizen

AMEN :cheer:

lol.

I knew I had seen Bingham before. POTBS.

Played that myself from start of beta.

I organized tha ship building start of the French fleet at gamestart.

Had 4 accounts ingame but cant remember one of them now :-)

Very loveable game with GREAT crafting engine. I understand it was difficult getting flags/sails approved if You were not in a society.

Beeing in a society, it was not that bad time to get a flag approved.

PotBS...Great memories. At the risk of generating some hate, I was the Pirate "Kail Kordan" of the Marauders. If you didn't play on either of my servers when I did, that's prolly for the better.

I had not realized they changed the mecahnics so. When I played I was able to solo take down SOL's with my Red Devil. I had so many SOL's that i had deeds to some. (was that called scavenging? when you had 1 in 20 chance to get the deed?).

I didn't expect a PotBS convo to pop up here. I only had 1 sail submitted and it was approved, I didn't need another . I thought that was a very cool part of the game that you could run your custom sails/flags though.

Screw all the crazyness...I was just hoping for someone to confirm that we can break 100...crafted hundreds and no luck...I just want a chance to see what the rest of, South Camp, Celecel, Magoyota, and Castle had to offer..
    before you could gain a craft pat without a skill gain..now it happens 100% of the time and I can even quote the skill/ craft gain to a "T"

Aside from the KittyCat hat in Castle...best ever imo...I wanna see how my toon will look with the rest...4k crafts and no Insperation...needs fixin chief...

Shrimps wrote:
    On a side note, please Jooky if SOE offers you candy DO NOT GET IN THE VAN!!
    haha AMEN! 5 years later and I'm still pissed about what they did to Star Wars Galaxies. :S