Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 99?

After 99?

Just curious what we do after we hit 99? Have yet to gain a new craft item as they now come only when you gain a skill point sometimes...

Would love to take up construction as we have a major surplus of metal sheets and knobs *snicker*

Still foremost is the ability to gain craft patterns when the skill gain stops...
    *Gotta make the Coyotes and Raccoons fear something, heh*

*edit*
    this is also after noticing the corilation between the skill lvl and the craft time req...on basic a gain of two craft items per skill increase was req until lvl 70 on the spot, heh could even have mouse over and saying skill inc on the click.
    After 70 seemed to increase on a diff scale

*for those crafters that care*

In the 90's took hundreds of kneepads heh, and different crafting makes no diff atm ive tested, the same starter crap gives the same outcome as higher skill req items.. guess thats why craft with thread max's at lvl 50 heh

Re:After 99?

Hey folks. During last beta/previous wipe, getting to 100 was a pain in the head. When you hit 99 it takes awhile to get to 100. And if you do get a point, not sure if they fixed it, but I logged off and log on and the number changed to 100 from 99. It seems at 90 numbers stop but you still get message you gained skill level. Then at 93 you see skil points going up, then at 90 something else, it doesnt go up until you log out/in. At least for me. However it doesnt show up until you log out and log back in. Not sure if anyone else has/had that problem. Its still happens to me, actually recently.
    Anyways, g'luck on getting to 100 from 99 (at least with tailoring it was very difficult for me, took many hours).

As far as i know there is no limit on skill caps.The way i understand it the better you get in skill the better your items get.And yes skill gain will become harder to raise,this is testing time,I would expect it to not be this easy at launch.

I thought there was going to be something special you got after reaching the top of your profession, I don't know if I'm remembering correctly though.

But with softcaps and skill degredation I doubt it will be very many who reach 99 very quickly.

One has to wonder what happens if you reach 99 in a skill, then don't use it for a while and it degrades down to, say 70. If you then start using the skill again, will you start learning new patterns/recipies?

Of course if you have active scavageners in your tribe, you might have all the patterns current patterns by the time you reach 99/100.

I just thought of a nice feature for crafting pattern lists. To prevent your known pattern/recipe list from getting too long, have hierarchical menus that just show the master name of the pattern/recipe, you click on the name, it reveals all the patterns under that name. Weapons and tools could be grouped by type, where armor and clothing would be grouped by name group.

I know in Wurm when I was playing, they had a global announcement that a person got to skill 99 in digging (which I think was a first for the game). Other than that, nothing happened.

Here, I don't think that has been addressed thou maybe it will soon after prelude.

@Kitsume, cool suggestion, likely wont happen till after prelude, but throw a copy of it in the suggestion thread too if you like.

For tailoring, at the time, I thought when you get to 100 or higher you would get new or more recipe. Like making tailoring containers or such. So far, nothing. Only thing you get is 99% success rate on making things without failing and cramp fingers lol.

When you become a grand master they said something along the lines of you being able to work with the dev team to create a custom item of your own design. They also said it would be very hard to become a grand master.

Illmaculate wrote:

Stopped reading after this.

Zarma wrote:
    When you become a grand master they said something along the lines of you being able to work with the dev team to create a custom item of your own design. They also said it would be very hard to become a grand master.
    Yes that's what I remembered reading, should be a very interesting mechanic.

Shrimps wrote:
    Zarma wrote:
    Yes that's what I remembered reading, should be a very interesting mechanic.
    I wonder if we could submit something like a boat cloak.