Thread: smtp forwarding

smtp forwarding

Well, it's really something that can wait.
    But - just to put it on the list - I would find it wonderful if we could be able (an option to check or uncheck) to forward ingame whispers to the address our account is connected to.
    The ABSOLUT thing would be if we could also answer from out-of-game - I know this option from SL, but - well - that's perhaps tricky to implement - so just mentioning to round it up
    Cheers.

Re:smtp forwarding

Good idea, its like an instant messenger for xsyon.

Are you kidding... have you seen the number of children playing this game (or pretending to once they have saved up enough pocket money)? Your email box will be spammed with obsenities, childish rants and 'pixel Arnies' (pixel toons who think they really are tough).

No thanks

Bossman wrote:
    Are you kidding... have you seen the number of children playing this game (or pretending to once they have saved up enough pocket money)? Your email box will be spammed with obsenities, childish rants and 'pixel Arnies' (pixel toons who think they really are tough).

No thanks
    lol Nik, okay, if you see it like this I can understand that you won't activate it - it'd be your decision. I'm used in receiving around 150-200 mails every day, so Filter is my second name
    It was just a suggestion what I'd like.

Cheers.

Why anyone would want a game to reach out into their real life in this way is beyond me. But apart from that why turn the game into an email client when people can just PM you on the forums? Or use any of the many optional contact fields in your profile.

oh well lol, never mind folks.
    It shouldn't turn into an email client of course.
    Well the forum is very active at the moment, but I suppose if release date is reached that may change in time, people will get more and more active ingame and less in the forums.
    One of the reasons it could be nice is f.e. to inform a mate that one is 'on' without knowing anything from him/her outside the game. Another thing - and that is grown out of experience - if you are a bit bound in organizing events or trade or tribal activity it may be neccessary to be able to reach someone, because she/he has the last saying on something.
    And, main thing again lol: It was not my intention to convince anybody that this is good to have for everybody, it was just a suggestion what I personally find nice.
    Btw I guess there are several things that are important for me and not so much for others and the other way around. Combat stuff f.e. is absolutely useless for me most times, but sitting on logs or other stuff is very important.
    Cheers, B)

sounds like an awesome idea, darkfall was going to have soemthing like this but ha they were supposed to have a lot of stuff.

it could have a lot of uses

/signed

It would be interesting to have some aspect of the chat, like tribe or personal, connected to an IRC channel or some sort of IM system. Of course this should optional, but for players who want to stay in touch with their tribe's activities when not in game, this would be a nice feature.