Xsyon Citizen

Camp Fire Suggestion

Truth be told, I am not sure how you guys handle objects within the game, and how each of those object doesn't cause chaos on the server.

My suggestion would be to only allow one Campfire at a time. Require the player to "PUT OUT" the fire and then "Destroy" it. Only then should they be able to rebuild another. I know the Campfires are not mega graphics intensive but they still take up space and make the land look bad when there are to many.

Also I suggest; which I will just assume you will already do, that you make a Fire-post, or lamp light for cities when they become available. That way you can illuminate cities and only within those limits or within post limits, and keep down Campfires.

I know I deleted a toon after putting down a Campfire and it stayed there afterwards and is still there that I know of.

Oh well just my two cents.

Re:Camp Fire Suggestion

I will have to agree. I do not care for the campfires to be placed just anywhere. I also believe the 'flames' of the current campfires are too big for the actual rocks and logs base. Needs a bit of tweaking. I do like the fact, one campfire at a time or actually one lit at a time. Just seconding the motion.

I actually dissagree....I like to be able to build as many as we want, wherever we want...with the caveat that they have public permissions. Also someone can come along and destroy it if they feel like it. Fires should "burnout" if not tended to with fuel, but pit should remain, so anyone who comes along and adds branches/fuel can restart it.

The fewer restrictions we have, the more sandbox we get.

EDIT: I'd also like to see people who stand in the fires, get burn damage. I'd like the fires to be visible from longer distances at night as well.

It would be cool, if you could dig a ditch...fill it with branches/fuel...and ignite it to make a wall-of-flames which could be used in defensive works as well....but I'm dreaming a bit too much now I think

Deacon said:
    EDIT: I'd also like to see people who stand in the fires, get burn damage. I'd like the fires to be visible from longer distances at night as well.
    As any one who played Wurm knows, The game looked like shit, But damn did the have the lighting right in that game. I remember being able to see the light of a camp fire pecking through the woods at night when I was a few hills away. I hope in time they will be able to do that in this game.
    Hell I remember how you could peoples silhouette as they worked in front of there fires from a good long distance away. And with how good this game looks all ready, It would be the cherry on top.

Also about the burning of people standing in fires, I agree. It breaks the illusion of the world to see people do that without going up in flames.
    I say, LET THEM BURN!!! :woohoo:

I'm not keen on fires mostly because they appear to last forever.

They should use fuel.
    They should have a chance to be put ont in rain (particularly if low on fuel).

Finally, in stronger winds or when many are placed in the same vicinity there should be a chance to start a forest fire and destroy all the neighbouring land and encampment.

Just go into a forest, make 40 fires and then leave them to go hunting.

I'll all for sandbox, but these extent of these fires at the moment is hardly realistic.

They will use fuel, It's just not turned on yet.
    But I have a feeling that just like terraforming, We will see a lot less of both when the bigger features are turned on. Like Tribes then later when construction is turned on.

I'm with you on the fact it's an eyesore to see so many camp fires, But at the same time, I really don't want to be limited on what, or how many I can make, run, or use. Also as soon as fuel is turned on, It will become to much to keep up with so many fires all the time. So I think when they turn it on most of your problems will be over with then.

Cracky69 wrote:
    I'm not keen on fires mostly because they appear to last forever.

They should use fuel.

They should have a chance to be put ont in rain (particularly if low on fuel).

Finally, in stronger winds or when many are placed in the same vicinity there should be a chance to start a forest fire and destroy all the neighbouring land and encampment.

Just go into a forest, make 40 fires and then leave them to go hunting.

I'll all for sandbox, but these extent of these fires at the moment is hardly realistic.

There is the selection to add fuel to fires. I beleive it's just turned of at the moment. Fires should burn out after a set period of time if fuel isnt added...when that function is turned on.

If I'm wrong here, please correct me if someone knows or beleives differently

EDIT: I see we're posting at same times lol, I'll read more now instead of posting hehe

My thoughts are basically that they should go out after a fairly short time - couple of hours, and the pit should decay after maybe a week.

I dont feel i should be restricted as to the amount as i may want to illumate a large area or use them as a marker for numerous things but dont like the idera that they seem to burn forever

Personally I like Wurms implementation of fires.

Fires will instantly disappear if nothing is inside them when they run out of fuel (ie fuel inside the fire, wont keep the fire there, but non-fuel items will keep the fire in its location.

So for example if you want to keep a fire here in Xsyon from deleting you could add a lump of granite - that is, if granite in a fire doesn't create something when being burned.