Cracky69 originally wrote this post located here: Hardcore PvP gamers should thank carebear gamers! This post has been reposted with permission from Cracky69. Edits that I have made, are highlighted in square brackets, to try and give this a Starting Thread quality.

Below is the text provided by Cracky69:

Prokop eluded to [players only being able to terraform in the tribal zone] and I am very glad to hear [that] this [is the true]. Still, I remain concerned about the seeming ease at which huge [terraformed] structures are created.

[...]

At the moment terraforming is not a craft, but I feel it should be. It should require more specific tools and resources. For example, roads should need rocks just like firebuilding and the maximum height of a raised terrace should depend on both the builder's teraforming skill and type of building resource (not just dirt).

My other concern is with regards to damage or decay.

Consider, for example a tribe, with a good number of players that focusses hard on building fortifications. What happens to their structure if the tribe loses members or disbands entirely. Will the game soon become dotted with the ruins of countless shortlived tribes?

I honestly believe that large structures could be an asset to the game, but they should be something that require a considerable time and effort to build. Perhaps sopmething close in dificulty to the manufacture of starbases in EVE. In my opinion, allowing anything more than basic levelling with a simple terraforming skill is completely wrong.

If players are actually to be allowed terraforming abilities I feel the system needs a considerable overhall to prevent over building causing a permanent blight on an otherwise beautiful landscape. I'd much prefer to see a row of tents and a few barricades than these monstrous over-sized sandcastles. It would also be much more realistic I'm sure.