1) I hope this don't come off as mean or inappropriate. Night time is generally not a good time to do things that require visual information, so when I personally hear that "we can't do ... during the night time" and it is because of vision, the best answer is, obtain light (fires) or wait till the morning.

When grouped with number 2, I believe that this is a bug, and will report that on your behave. Fires for me do illuminate the area so it is appropriate that you are having problems.

4) The chat channel currently in game to my knowledge is a range based channel, players don't have the ability to have global game chat (except private messages).

PS) This is likely true because animals do not spawn automatically and requires Guides to spawn them.

Edit) is still in the works, Coming Soon:Tribe creation panel - Totem placement and tribal zones - Woodcraft - Proper scroll bars for craft and other panels - Social panel additional functions - Movement and jump improvements - Combat adjustments - Final terrain - Final terrain baking process - Speed Tree performance optimization.