Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Granite bricks! Errr BLOCKS!

I would like to open up a masonry shop, breaking rock into BLOCKS! For foundations! For walls, floors, streets, roads, etc.. Phew! Turn away leveling dirt so high. Give us blocks!

FIXED! :laugh:

Re:Granite bricks!

I was suggesting this long time ago. A new craft, brick laying. would be nice.

Bricks are not made from cutting rocks they are made in a kiln.

I don't personally like the idea of brick buidings in Xyson.

I would, however, greatly support the idea of using rocks (possibly broken) to form aggregate used for making roads, and for terraforming. They could also be good for the equivalent of dry stone walls if livestock is kept.

Cracky69 wrote:
    Bricks are not made from cutting rocks they are made in a kiln.
    Technically they may not be called bricks but brick-like objects are certainly cut from rock. Foundation blocks, paving stones, etc. No need to get picky about semantics.

Brick = clay

Granite = .....Granite

But yes we will probably have something of that nature, how else will we build?

But my money is on us having this

and not this

:side:

There are wood bricks, bricks of cheese and bricks of ice cream. heh. I would guess the most common denominator would be 'made' compared to natural rock. So apologies for using the wrong word.

I supposed there could bricks of stone as well due to the most common smaller size. They could be cut I would guess. As like slabs and/or blocks.

Hoping this will be things we learn on down the road. As we start evolving from the setbacks the gods did to us.

aliksteel wrote:
    Hoping this will be things we learn on down the road. As we start evolving from the setbacks the gods did to us.
    wow, "what the gods did to us.." from a Hopi?!?!

lol Alik, might want to re-read your tribes stance on this. the way I read it your tribe considers this a "Gift" and to "shun the ways of progress toward the false paradise that leads to the crooked path"

Excerpt:
    We are the Hopi, we are peaceful, but we must defend this fragile land from those who do not see the crooked path only leads to oblivion.

Re:Granite bricks! Errr BLOCKS!

Though Aliksteel may be confused about the Xsyon lore, is there a need for an off topic thread necropsy?

Re:Granite bricks! Errr BLOCKS!

Kitsume wrote:
    Though Aliksteel may be confused about the Xsyon lore, is there a need for an off topic thread necropsy?
    you are totally right and I did mean to add that I believe Blocks should be available as a building material. and I hope the Dirt does wash away with rain/storms and that grass would grow back., I just forgot to add that part, so I apologize for looking way off topic.