Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

walking and running

What I've noticed so far, that walking takes the same energy as running. And another thing, when u run steep hill, then u should loose more energy than walking a steep hill.
    Walking i think should take as little energy as possible, that way it will encourage people to walk more

Re: walking and running

...and walking/running a hill downwards should cost less than flat land...

Going up a mountain is easy, Going down a mountain is hard.
    -- Chinese Proverb.

I agree, walking should have a very significant role in energy regeneration. Scavengers have to keep on the move.

Players walking should be able to cross distances equal to that of a runner without stopping. The runner would cross more ground faster than the walker, therefore salvaging more often. The constant run, rest, repeat would still be fruitful, but a patient walker, not having to stop to rest, would cross more ground reliably.

Action bar progress should also be affected by energy levels. A slow scavenger would pick through areas faster with full energy. A hasty scavenger would complete actions slower and slower the more he loses energy.

Re:walking and running

theirs walking,running and sprinting.....

Running and Sprinting animations should be re-done. It's really ugly the way it is now.

I think it's fine... obviously will get more polishing/fine tuning when they have more time.

I think it's a pity I can't jog for more than about 4 minutes before I run out of energy. It seems I have to play this game in 5 minute bursts. Then take a break and post on a forum or something. It's pretty frustrating.

Can we please have food replenishing energy as well as reducing hunger?

Food does replenish energy, or is that Food AND water? I know its meant to at least.

I've noticed food affect hunger and thirst, but I've not noticed an effect on energy. Mind you, I've been eating flora as opposed to fishing. Does fishing increase energy?