Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Re:Hopi Tribe - Gathering / Crafting

Thanks Oak. Yes He's right, unfortunately this happened, but the best thing is that the userbase is unharmed.

Sabina wrote:
    r0ss0 wrote:
    r0ss0 wrote:
    Recruitment is now closed ,

We are only accepting those that are in the Australlia and Asia Time zone!

Thanks

Ross and the team
    Are you guys an Aussie/Asian tribe?
    Hi Sabina Our goal is to build a tribe with members from all over the world, and we have a nice amount of players from the USA and Europe. To keep it balanced we would like to get more players from australian and asian time-zones. I'm not sure but I think right now we have 3 members from Australia

Oakstead wrote:
    Virtus did a boo-boo while messing with the forum data base and deleted everything. Jordi had a backup from a week ago and that is what see. The post explaining this is Here:

So I guess we will just have to run him through a gauntlet and slap him with wet fish.
    Doesn't gauntlet mean a type of gloves ? I must be missing something, lol, this sounds too cruel Poor Virtus, you want to force him to crawl through a glove And when he is finally out, a wet fish is waiting for him !

Really, it must be a saying or something, can you enlighten me please :laugh:

:woohoo: Sounds a lot worse the way you said it Jadzia :dry:

Gauntlet also means (at lest to me) a challenge or punishment type of obstacle course, Think Medieval times.

A gauntlet was an eastern Native American tradition. Some prisoners were given the option to run through a double line of tribe members who could swing weapons at them. If the prisoner survived to the end he or she could join the tribe, or at least not be treated as a prisoner any longer. The alternative was often torture and death.

Thanks

Oakstead wrote:
    A gauntlet was an eastern Native American tradition. Some prisoners were given the option to run through a double line of tribe members who could swing weapons at them. If the prisoner survived to the end he or she could join the tribe, or at least not be treated as a prisoner any longer. The alternative was often torture and death.
    This is a kind of initiation ritual which can actually be found in nearly all societies (today, modern american street gangs do the same).

The "gauntlet" here is more a kind of ordeal, which has nothing to do with initiation or granting a privilege.

This is the real gauntlet!! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEmczjAUDRA

am i the only one still not in?
    it seems all hopis are already testing/exploring

pid73 wrote:
    am i the only one still not in?
    it seems all hopis are already testing/exploring
    I'm not in either, but I was wondering about this too today, lol. Too bad we preordered late