Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will we be able to learn instruments & play music?

I love music, will we be able to learn instruments and play music in Xsyon?

I don't know if any of you played Mabinogi, but they let us learn instruments and play music and that was my favorite part of that game. As a matter of fact, it's the one part of the game that keeps me coming back, again and again :P

I mean, I think even Illmaculate and Prokop would enjoy sneaking up on an unsuspecting player playing their lute in the wilderness, and whacking him a few times :laugh: ( I j/k Illmaculate and Prokop )

Anyways, can we learn instruments and play music something like Mabinogi please?

I mean, who wouldn't love to sit by a campfire, under a moonlit sky out in the wilderness, and play a sweet melody *sigh*

Re:Will we be able to learn instruments & play music?

I agree that would be really sweet, although it seems like it would take a bit of time to make a system for it. Maybe they will add it in an update or something later on.

I'd love to have a few people sitting around a camp fire happily playing music, evildoers peering in from the shadows. Could even be useful as war drums for marching in tribal warfare, or a distraction to lure someone into a trap. As well as entertainment in player run festivals or parties. Would be a great social element to add.

Initially, I don't want that in the game. There is a lot of other items that need to be fleshed out, and advanced to make the game more interesting on a basic level. Give it 6 months or so, till people have settled down from all the newness, ignoring all the beta testers, and I would love to see some fluff like musical instruments.
    Along that line, I would like to see options for no stat altering tailoring, mainly for those that like to sit around the campfire and talk. Also, maybe, some type of fluff like sculptures or decorative wood working.

Ashanti wrote:
    I mean, who wouldn't love to sit by a campfire, under a moonlit sky out in the wilderness, and play a sweet melody *sigh*
    oh yeah, that would be a great alternative to just howl with the lonely wolves :cheer:

Yes this would be nice if it was done like in LoTROL.

Not sure you would get the two 2 trolls you mentioned to play instruments though

i would love for this to be in game. The larger number of things to do could only make the game that much more entertaining

yes, it is planned

Harmonica's, guitars, penny-whistles, washboards and shakers? Maybe a wash-basin bass?

I really would like to see instruments be able to actually give something, however I like this idea. Long ago when I played Star Wars Galaxies, I could remember they had an awesome system for that. Like the ability to rest, also maybe even a buff to resemble the boost of morale when crafting or fighting.

Yea I would like to see instruments as well.

However I have been semi succesful in stringing a beat with the sounds behind the emotes.
    So if you really want to create music without having to wait for a dedicated system, you could.