Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question about Housing/Towns

How exactly do you build a house/town, I haven't seen any yet in the pictures. Are there going to be houses and towns? Other than that if there are towns and houses and such can someone post a pic, and are there designated areas to build them or can you build them anywhere open

Re:Question about Housing/Towns

Currently there are not in game, however I can give you some information about them.

You will be able to build buildings within your tribes area of control (defined by location of totem and tribe size)

I am unsure of how the building process works as far as the actual adding of materials. Last I talked with Jooky about this, a few months ago, he was thinking about using a ghost construction. I am This ghost construction can be manipulated so that you can place the structure exactly how you want it. This ghost construction is is unconfirmed and only something we were talking about.

Hope this helps a bit.

On that note, how many tribe areas will there be, will there be a limit like darkfall where they will all get taken up 4 hours into game start?

there will be as many tribe areas are there are tribes In other words, no limit set.

With that said it requires 10 people to create a tribe.

Xsyon Citizen

So, if a player is not planning on joining a tribe then Terraforming (or Construction/Building should not be one their skill choices. Correct?

At this time unsure. A lot of people have shown interest in playing solo so something may be setup for them. Will just have to wait and see.

I think teraforming on a smaller scale should be available for the solo player. Instead of being able to build an entire city they should be able to teraform a small amount of land surronding there existing house. Or are houses only allowed to be built in a tribe territory?

Most buildings are confined to the tribe territory. However Jooky was looking in allowing 'tents' or very small buildings being built on non controlled areas, but didn't say if he would or wouldn't do that.

I really hope he decides to do it because not everyone wants or likes to deal with DRAMA from large Tribes or groups Yea i know it falls to the leadership of the tribe but allot of people don't want to rely on others to acomplish things other than trading goods.

Kibblor wrote:
    How exactly do you build a house/town, I haven't seen any yet in the pictures. Are there going to be houses and towns? Other than that if there are towns and houses and such can someone post a pic, and are there designated areas to build them or can you build them anywhere open
    Please don't make this like dark fall (As far as I know darkfall is failing.) where you have to protect your keeps/tribes. It's already being done.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoqBX1Z4zo