Thread: dodge and block

dodge and block

Just a quick question... are these 2 implemented yet? if so how do you do it?

Re:dodge and block

Yes they are and you can use them by holding the key and left or right mouse clicking.

Example: Dodge Left+Ctrl + Right or Left Mouse click.

ok thanks so ctrl is the key for dodge

Just a reminder, currently combat hits at the beginning of the animation. But the upcoming tweeks to combat will change it to the end of the animation, allowing you time to use parry or block.

So, unless you can anticipate the attack like Remo Williams, currently you won't be successful in a dodge or parry move. It may be best to wait until after the combat changes are loaded in to the game.

If dodge is an operation performed manually by clicking the dodge key at the right time, how does the dodge skill effect it? same for block i suppose although that could be to do with damage absorbed

bruisie159 wrote:
    If dodge is an operation performed manually by clicking the dodge key at the right time, how does the dodge skill effect it? same for block i suppose although that could be to do with damage absorbed
    We're not really sure, but I expect things will change with the update to combat. Right now it seems attacks all hit for the same damage, unless you can anticipate and dodge/parry one. Dodge and parry are currently active, not passive skills. I imagine that both attacking and defensive skills will have a to-hit modifier which affect the chance and severity of the hit, but that is my speculation.