Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

State of the game?

Looks like I have found my perfect game, I dont know how I just found out about it. This game literally has everything I'm looking for and I'm very excited about it, havent found quite the right game sice SWG pre-cu. Just ahve a couple questions.

How is release looking? Soon? A year or more?

Is the testing phase worth it for pre-order? I could buy now and it will make or break my decision if the gameis glitchy or superbuggy.

My computer has 4gigs of ram which is more than it requires but it has only a 2.2 ghz processor, will it still run this game? It can smoothly work Fallen Earth and WoW (unfortunately....) i that is any indicator.

Re:State of the game?

It's still in beta, that should answer most of your questions. The forums has about a post a week with pretty much the exact title and questions about the game you should read those.

Welcome to Xsyon, Daonee.

I know the excitement you are feeling about Xsyon, I had similar feeling when I found the game back in March.

The game is still in the testing phase, but getting closer to release. The release date has been pushed a few times since the original April date, but they are getting closer to the magic day. Within a few days, there will be a major patch releasing some new features and upgrades to the combat system. I'm a volunteer guide, so I don't have insight into their release date, but I would say sooner than later, but not before the end of September.

Currently there is no set release date, they will release when they think are ready. There is no publisher or venture capitalist pushing them to release, they would rather get everything working to a point than release an incomplete game.

The testing phase allows you a preview of the land, systems and skills. Once the game goes live there will be only one character per account, but in the testing phase you have the chance to try out different character configurations.

As for running the game, you should do ok, though you probably won't be able to run at max settings. If it does not work on your computer, the staff will give you a refund.

There is plenty of information on the forums, along with a few trolls. But you should keep an eye on the official updates posts by Xsyon, who is the owner and lead dev. Any other posts you should keep in mind that they are player opinion or observations and may not be reflective on what the game will be when released.

Thank you Kitsume, everythng ou said helped out, Im willing to wait awhile for a game like this, and I will lend my support my joining testing. I would rather this game be done right and go off amazing than it to come out fast and a disaster like Mortal Online.

Xsyon Citizen

Daonee wrote:
    Thank you Kitsume, everythng ou said helped out, Im willing to wait awhile for a game like this, and I will lend my support my joining testing. I would rather this game be done right and go off amazing than it to come out fast and a disaster like Mortal Online.
    Great attitude. :woohoo:

Welcome.

Yea... I came over from mortal, and Roma Victor before that... lol... What a joke.. ALl pretty graphics, not enough content, and no real player tools... Its an empty turtle shell with out the turtle inside...

At least these developers are giving us something to do, and control on the real.. I could care less bout graphics...

I always emphasize "CONTENT" and "PLAYER TOOLS"... Then "BALANCE", and then "GRAPHICS"....

Wait... on release you will be able to only have one character per account?

Hmm.

That awesome

is better for Xsyon.
    Trade with Twinks is bad for the economy.

With one char you can do anything!
    But not all very good

Pino wrote:
    is better for Xsyon.
    Trade with Twinks is bad for the economy.

With one char you can do anything!
    But not all very good
    I can see the reason and understand it to a point. But I really hate to mix crafting with combat and I want to do both. I don't just want to craft or just pvp.

But this system tends to lean a bit towards making a hybrid type character. Or have a large group of people that will fill specific roles for the tribe.

Just glad I know now....