Thread: Scavenging ?

Scavenging ?

Ok scanveging ... but what ? i read on post about stockpile and i ve been exploring for 2 hours and didn t find any thing looking like stockpile.

Is there some one that can explain me how to find spots for scanveging. I can gather platns with no problem( but i don t know what to do with them) but i can t gather anything while scavenging. Any advices will be welcomed.

Re:Scavenging ?

Most of the stockpile/junk yards look like mounds and have a brown and gray texture with bones and junk in it. When walking across it you will hear a metallic sound. With your resource window open you should see metal, cloth, leather or plastic junk icons. Those items are gathered, not scavenged, you can find other things through scavenging like special parts for crafting and crafting plans. If you are real lucky, you might find a nice weapon.

Thank you ..;

REssource window ? what is that ?

On your toolbar it is the icon with the pick and shovel. Or if you are using the default keybinds, it is the 'k' key. Opens up a five panel window which icons for resources appear depending on your location.

Use right click to gather a resource. Note, this is not the same as scavenging, but you may find some common items. A bundle of of the resource will appear on your back, you can have up to 4 bundles of the same resource in this location.

To sort/unbundle the resource, open your packs window (pack toolbar icon or 'P') and right click on the bundle in the lower left corner of the window. Sorted items appear in your backpack. Some resources are used raw, like grass, so you can't sort them.