Hiding state lock

When hiding, unless you jump or change your run state using the keyboard commands you will continue to hide. My example was hiding and walking along a coyote attacked me but I could not use ANY attacks until i jumped to CLEAR the hiding state. It would make sense that if something happens to you (being attacked) or you perform an action (use an attack) the hiding state should clear automatically.
    :cheer:

Re:Hiding state lock

Greetings Tereas,

as far as I experienced you are able to switch into combat mode while hiding. So you can defend yourself though beeing hidden. I do not agree that if beeing attacked this mode should be cleared automatically. That would make it rather useless f.e. to spy around if you have to be scared you could turn to visible if anything happens. I was attacked some times ago by a hidden player. Well I have some guesses who it was :silly: but that was a rather funny situation and I liked it. Just my opinion as always

Cheers.

I fail to see how you could stay hidden while being attacked. in the games I have played that had stealth in them, attacking directly or indirectly (aoe) was the quick and dirty way of popping them out of stealth. I could agree that it would require a hit but I do not agree that you should be able to not only be able to stay hidden while getting hit but also while fighting back.

Ignominus wrote:
    I fail to see how you could stay hidden while being attacked. in the games I have played that had stealth in them, attacking directly or indirectly (aoe) was the quick and dirty way of popping them out of stealth. I could agree that it would require a hit but I do not agree that you should be able to not only be able to stay hidden while getting hit but also while fighting back.
    Well there's your first problem, thinking that this game should be like the others.

Secondly, just because you're being attacked by one player/animal doesn't mean that the others see you. Sure they probably hear the noise and know you're in the area but there is no reason you should
    become revealed to everyone.

It's kind've like if you hide in a bush and throw a rock at someone, they are probably going to figure out where you are pretty quickly, but his friend that's 10 feet away probably won't see you unless his buddy points you out.

I think you should remain hidden, until myou strike a blow or are struck. Or if you're doing something that would mean you're no longer hiding...like fishing. The concept of hiding is to remain still, or creep in slowly while hiding, if you run...you're not really hiding are you?

So basically, I'm in agreement with Ignominus

If you are hiding in a bush in the game as it is currently (if there were bushes) the friend wouldn't see you since it wouldn't be the hiding skill that was keeping them from seeing you.

The hiding skill as it exists currently is the ability for you to make your body transparent. You assume a crouching stance and move slower which suggests that it requires some physical element and is different from combat or normal walking/running stance.

If you are standing in knee high grass in the middle of a clearing and someone sticks an arrow in your butt or clobbers you with a club, how is it you are going to be able to concentrate enough to keep your hiding stance?

If you can stay transparent or invisible to everyone even while you are attacking then it gets even more ridiculous. Then it goes from a physical skill to an invisibility spell or a predator stealth suit. Invisibility is a powerful thing and needs to be balanced or everyone will be running around invis.

Most other games have gravity... in most other games weapons do damage... in most other games there are clouds in the sky...

The way I see it the hiding skill isn't so much a spell that makes you invisi-gone but it's a skill that the character has to remain semi hidden while performing tasks.

Notice I said semi hidden since you're not invisible, you're semi-transparent. If you were wearing a ghillie suit, or were just really quiet and good at maintaining a bit of cover you could achieve the same effect.

Honestly I'm against any sort of hiding skill or anything that makes you transparent or invisible, it doesn't make any sense.

I say replace the transparency ability with a different one that requires you to wear a certain armor and gain the ability to mimic the colors of your surroundings. Not the same as transparency, make it have a timer to complete and your armor changes to the various colors on the ground/trees near you, it'd be more of a camoflauge ability than a hiding one.

Actually it's the only total unrealistic thing the game has so far, so maybe to have a straight conception it would de facto be better to remove it. Remove hiding and give us 'sitting'

This hiding skill does seem a little bit pointless anyway as you can still be seen by players just in a semi transparent way.

the thing that i feel does work though is the fact that when hidden your footsteps are silent. This would work as a skill that reduces your noise level when moving around.

bruisie159 wrote:
    This hiding skill does seem a little bit pointless anyway as you can still be seen by players just in a semi transparent way.

the thing that i feel does work though is the fact that when hidden your footsteps are silent. This would work as a skill that reduces your noise level when moving around.
    Oh yes the VERY awesome thing about hiding is the lack of footsteps. Even if someone CAN see you it could be used to sneak up on a player as long as they were not looking in the direction you were approaching from. Perhaps we could leave hiding in and just change the fact that if ANY interaction happens it is cleared. Also, all animals agro no matter if they are facing your direction or not while hiding. If your hiding, an animal (or player) should have only a small chance of noticing you if your sneaking up from behind using hiding depending on the level of your hiding skill. But even without adding that mechanic, just having hiding clear when an INTERACTION happens either initiated by you or an attacking animal/player would be awesome.