Thread: Noob question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Noob question

Good day chaps (and chapesses)

Just pre-ordered the game and am currently downloading the client.

Would it be better to go solo or join a tribe?

The game I just came from (darkfall), it wasnt really feasible to stay solo after a certain stage of charcter development, is this game the same?

I do intend to 'clan-up' at a later stage, but can I survive and thrive without one?

Apologies for noob question.

Thankyou in advance

John

Re:Noob question

Welcome to Xsyon, John.

You don't have to join a tribe, but you will loose the benefits of tribe membership, like permanent housing, storage, tribal quests, trading, etc. Solo players won't be able to build lasting structures.

Some tribes will require more participation from their members, some less. I would suggest checking out a tribe like Nomads if you want these benefits. But no one is going to force you to join a tribe, that is your decision if you feel you don't need the benefits tribes offer.

Thx for the reply Kitsume, its not that im against joining a tribe (far from it), i just think it is better to learn the game a little without people having to 'hold my hand', I suppose I will start solo, then when I am able to contribute to a tribe, will be the time to join one.

I just wanted to get peoples feelings on how essential it is if you want to develop your character past 'noob phase'.

Kitsume wrote:
    Welcome to Xsyon, John.

You don't have to join a tribe, but you will loose the benefits of tribe membership, like permanent housing, storage, tribal quests, trading, etc. Solo players won't be able to build lasting structures.
    I believe jooky, at some point, will be working on single player totems so that people can solo.

Oh, I thought that was for temporary camps. Will that allow solo players to build permanent structures and terraform?

Oh, I thought that was for temporary camps. Will that allow solo players to build permanent structures and terraform?
    Yes, I've been considering it but need to weigh all the pluses and minuses before this is implemented. It's something that will likely happen as an 'evolution' down the line after the Prelude is in full swing.

Xsyon wrote:
    Yes, I've been considering it but need to weigh all the pluses and minuses before this is implemented. It's something that will likely happen as an 'evolution' down the line after the Prelude is in full swing.
    If/When they add the solo camp content. IMO we will start seeing a lot of solo players becoming friends with tribes close to there camp area. Using what ever currency :dry: that the tribe uses. Benefiting from things that only tribes can do, But not having to deal with tribal headaches :angry:

With luck, They will even be able to pick up tribal quest.

This could be a real good deal for both tribal and solo players :woohoo:

Cool, I'm sure this will be loved by some ramblers
    Anyway as Kitsume already said (thanks Kitsume ), there is no disadvantage joining 'us', we do in no way stress anyone to fulfill some society-demands.
    Cheers

this is an excellent idea. simple housing and storage should be available to all. A player will still have to trade with others to get the equipment they will need and will have less security without a tribe to fall back on.

They will more than likely need to deal with multiple other players just to get a cabin or tent built in the first place.

In its current state you can chop down trees and terraform on your own. However, it's completely impossible to get into crafting without making multiple accounts or having people to help you.