Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Tahoe?

Why Tahoe?

Just was interested in what led the decision in basing the world of Xsyon in and around Lake Tahoe. I must say it has turned out quite astonishingly beautiful, but I'm simply curious as to why Tahoe turned out the basis for the world versus say Yellowstone, or Yosemite or any other myriad of breathtaking areas. Any conjuncture, suggestions or answers?

Cheers
    ltwalts

Re:Why Tahoe?

I think I've read somewhere that Jordi lives there :cheer:

Large lake - plus
    Expansive wilderness - plus
    Mountains - plus

One of my favorite vacation spots - double plus

Of course, Jooky's home at Lake Tahoe could be a factor

Im not far away from lake tahoe. Plus plus plus :P

While I don't say this in an official authority, I do think that 2012 is a good influence on the game. The first telling of such prophecies came from this area I believe.

kiwibird wrote:
    While I don't say this in an official authority, I do think that 2012 is a good influence on the game. The first telling of such prophecies came from this area I believe.
    I thought 2012 was a Mayan thing? Not that the Mayans made predictions about 2012, just that the idiots that think something will happen in 2012 are basing it off Mayan calendars.

Cunk wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:
    I thought 2012 was a Mayan thing? Not that the Mayans made predictions about 2012, just that the idiots that think something will happen in 2012 are basing it off Mayan calendars.
    Just asked my good friend hermyane and she said the world will blow up.

Virtus wrote:

Just asked my good friend hermyane and she said the world will blow up.
    Aww, Does this mean that we have maybe one year or so to play Xsyon before the world blows up?

P.S - Actually depending on when Xsyon launches, we may have like up to one year and a half or so to play. Especially if we keep playing like right up to the day before the world blows up. :huh: :dry:

Mayan Calendars where being used to explain this prophecy, the calendar themselves was based on Olmec calendars, but because of the "prophecies" the calendar is typically accredited to Mayans.

Without doing research into it (till now) I thought the Omlec where based around this area (the Tahoe basin), however they too where located in similar places as Mayan - dang it.

The "prophecies" themselves where not something that is easily researched, with many people trying to make money from the hype, it creates what I call "the Christianity effect" - to many people telling the same story with their own embellishments which distorts the truth.

What I concern from the information I didn't discredit is that the prophecies themselves aren't so much 'expressed' as they are interpreted. The calendar has been thou two cycles that was able to be at least partly completed, however the Mayan civilisation was wiped out by or for unknown reasons, and the calendar restarted.

It would be my theory that this is the prophecy - if the Mayan calendar completed its full cycle and the 'first' Mayan died for some reason, then the second time the calendar reaches its end point something else should happen.

Collect the fears of Christianity, Ancient Egypt and other "end of world" feelings into the mix and you have yourself one prophecy that humans have always felt from early in the ages.

What weight they convey is something I am always changing my mind on. One moment its like if they all say the same thing in their own way, there has to be some form of truth in it - Christianity, Ancients Tribes and other belief systems can't have gotten it wrong all the time - however what is the truth amongst the lie will never be able to be deciphered.

edit=1
    Interesting 21 Dec 2012 at 11.11am GMT is the so called date and time for the prophecies.

The Mayans weren't "destroyed". They still live throughout Central America. Maybe their civilization declined due to the Spanish conquering them but it's not like they suddenly disappeared mysteriously and without explanation.

Saying there is significance in the Mayan calendar "ending" in 2012 is like saying there is significance in the 2010 calendar ending in December.

Also, there is no such thing as prophecy. People can't predict the future.