Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Innate ability of knowing where you live.

He may be a prick but he's right in at least one sense: the risk of getting lost is a good thing in a game.

*nods*, IMHO we don't need things like compasses.
    Anywhere where I am if beeing some time in game I can imagine how long 'the day' has last, and the shadows give me then a kind of sundial compass.
    Additional the mountains are very different at the horizon so I mostly can guess rather quick where the lake is.

First im actually pro-no compass, but Im also pro loc cords...i know ones numbers and the other is just "look" but a guys gotta make a choice.

Second, super happy Hopi has lasted the test of beta...Jadzia's been a great help...much fun after the big update. Shin ended with "higher than mighty" players..which backfired

Third, I really hope they revamp the trade skill area...atm takes only 12hrs ingame to max...even the cousins of "Xsyon" joked about it...heh, my favorite pastime, was handing the ingame devs "Cat Hat's" 24hours after wipe...celest loved em, kiwi was the hardest.

In response to the one thing I understood of what you typed there: on screen coordinates are a temporary thing that were added to aid with testing and locating glitches.

The rest of your post is inscrutable.

Risk wrote:
    Shin ended with "higher than mighty" players..which backfired
    @ Risk Just because you didn’t work out as a member that is no reason to spread mean spirited rumors. We still like you

I think a compass should be in but as a crafted object like other tools. If we are going for realism than, as easy as it is to make one in real life, why not have it in game. I do think the GPS coordinates should be taken out.

aliksteel wrote:
    I see what you all are talking about, And thats cool. I see that you all think this is a bad idea. And I can deal with that.

But Cunk, I do have issue with the thought that this could not be an innate ability. By innate ability I mean that it's somthing that you are born with. Or better yet a built in tribal ability you get just by joining a tribe.
    In the real world you are right, But we are talking about an game that you all ready have innate abilities that you would not in the real world. So I am not to sure why this would be such a far-fetched idea.
    Alik

Did you forget we are not on our home planet anymore? so sure,of course you can know 100% where you are from birth(doubtful).... too bad that place doesn't exist anymore...

Quote from the intro:

You know nothing. You’ve forgotten the past and have yet to learn the future. You are a lost soul in a strange barren world with little more than the shirt on your back. Little do you know you are destined to become a hero.

blakebinkley wrote:
    Did you forget we are not on our home planet anymore?
    We are not on our home planet ?

Jadzia wrote:
    blakebinkley wrote:
    Did you forget we are not on our home planet anymore?
    We are not on our home planet ?
    Another Excerpt:

Modern technology has consumed itself. War has ravaged the planet, opening a rift to another reality. The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real. You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future.

blakebinkley wrote:
    aliksteel wrote:
    I see what you all are talking about, And thats cool. I see that you all think this is a bad idea. And I can deal with that.

But Cunk, I do have issue with the thought that this could not be an innate ability. By innate ability I mean that it's somthing that you are born with. Or better yet a built in tribal ability you get just by joining a tribe.
    In the real world you are right, But we are talking about an game that you all ready have innate abilities that you would not in the real world. So I am not to sure why this would be such a far-fetched idea.
    Alik

Did you forget we are not on our home planet anymore? so sure,of course you can know 100% where you are from birth(doubtful).... too bad that place doesn't exist anymore...

Quote from the intro:

You know nothing. You’ve forgotten the past and have yet to learn the future. You are a lost soul in a strange barren world with little more than the shirt on your back. Little do you know you are destined to become a hero.
    Let me get this out of the way. I have acknowledged that you all think this is a bad idea. So I am not trying to make people change there minds. The part you quoted me on was the part of what could be, and what could not be an innate ability. Take fighting, Every one in the game can fight. You swing and you do damage. Have you ever seen some one that could not fight in real life? They make a fool of themselves and never come close to touching the other person. Then there are some people that have the innate ability to fight. They fight well without any one ever telling them how to. That it my point, The game gives us many innate abilities that we would not in real life.

As far as "we are not on our home planet anymore" goes. Check out my blogs, I have said many times that we may not be dealing with the world that we all know. Oh and "so sure,of course you can know 100% where you are from birth(doubtful)" I never said that I knew the land that I was born in at birth. But more to the point we are talking about a game, Where every pine looks just like all the other pines.